Can't decide which prime. Help!

Ya i agree. I like the rubber gasket too and all internal so if there was some light rain or something i don't have to freak.:)

I have the 35mm f/2 and the 50mm f/1.8. The 35mm is my "go to" lens of choice on either a cropped or full frame body for general people photography. In fact, the 35mm is all I take with me when I shoot for the animal shelter. I can (heavily) crop the shot in PS and still get excellant results.

ya seems like the 35 is even better than i thought now i just have to save up some money and i'll get that one.

One thing to consider is the 35mm f/1.8 is a DX lens. I you never go full frame, then all is well.

I'd recommend getting the AF-S 35 mm f/1.8G 1st. (7 rounded aperture blades)

The 50 1.4 has a 1/3 - 1/2 stop or aperture advantage, better build quality, an AF motor and 2 more (9) aperture blades than the 50 1.8. (7 rounded aperture blades)

The build quality of the 50 1.8 is more than sufficient for normal use. If you figure to use a 50mm on a near daily basis, get the 50 1.4.

The 2 extra aperture blade will give slightly better bokeh. Were you to be shown images made at the same aperture of the exact same scene, it's doubtful most people could tell by looking at the images alone, which lens took which image.

Ya i agree. I like the rubber gasket too and all internal so if there was some light rain or something i don't have to freak.:)
All you have to worry about is water getting in your camera. The D90 has no weather sealing.

All you have to worry about is water getting in your camera. The D90 has no weather sealing.
ya i know about that i always have to be careful.

Most reactions

Back