Cant find the sync

JonnyVPA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Scranton, PA is my Hometown but im constantly movi
Okay, i have a Nikon N90s (F90x) and i just got a bracket control grip for my flash... the only thing is... I dont have the Sync cable... and there are 2 sockets, One that looks like a firewire socket, and the other which is for PC.... does anyone know where i can find a sync thats made for the firewire socket???

I'd appreciate the help .. thanks

The flash (sync) socket is called a PC connection (not to be confused with Personal Computer)...so what you need is a PC cord that will attach to your flash. I believe the other port on your camera, is for data, as seen in this image.

Are you using a Nikon flash? Because if you are, then you may want to use a TTL hot shoe cord, which would allow you to keep the TTL flash metering.

The cord you want is the old Nikon SC17 for a hot shoe type flash. It is the standard TTL extension cord for that period of time. I assume you could also use the current SC28 to get TTL metering as well, although I haven't tried it so it is only an assumption. I know that the SC17 does work with the current flash units in most modes but not all because I have tried that.

If you have a handle flash unit without a hot shoe, you can use the AS17 hot shoe adapter and a standard PC cord.

okay cool beans... The SC17 is what i need .... thank you very much. now what is that Data cable for... i've never heard of that.... if its any use to me... it may be in thought for purchase haha

Oh and Big Mike, i'm using the nikon Sb26 speedlite

Most reactions

New Topics

Back