boomersgot3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.candacehartphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Adams154.jpg

I have a alien bee 800 on the left with a reflector on the right. No matter what I do I can't kill the shadow! It is the shadow to the right of him and also how do I get the bottom left to brighten up?? Any suggestions?? ANYONE??

Are you talikng about the shadow he is casting on the floor or the end of the background.

i agree, i like it too, shadow and all. but the seat is rather distracting

I have no clue about lighting or studio shooting but what I would try is to move the light back a little and the reflector forward a little, take test photos and move them using trial and error until the light is balanced.

I think it's a great seat! but it needs a antiquing paint job to tone the bright down

great shot! Love the planes

I think you can do a thin coat of black paint and rub it off to give it an 'old' look to it. Worth a shot anyway

To get rid of the shadow the subject is casting would require using a fill light camera right. Personally, though, I agree with the rest. You should leave it as-is. The shadow isn't a distraction at all, and using a fill light might destroy most of the other shadows that make the photo interesting, such as the fill shadows on his face and the shadows under his toys. I think the lighting here is perfect. Getting rid of all the shadows would make this image look sterile to my eyes.

I think you can do a thin coat of black paint and rub it off to give it an 'old' look to it. Worth a shot anyway

ooh thats a really good idea. i like the seat too, its just too shiny and distracting

Most reactions

Back