Can't Wash It Away

katileka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
wash.JPG

Sort of like a cleansing ritual.

uh... hmmm. ehhh... so... hmmm... very,,, very,,, original idea :)

Thank you for the pity post.

original idea = I don't want to say something negative

Is that it?

I posted this to get critique not for an obvious repsonse.

Hmmm... very watery... Wow and you have feet... hmmmm.

This keeps happening to me. Thank you.

I have thought about photographing my feet in the bathtub also, so I'll give it a shot...

It seems too high key to me. I'd like to see more moody or dramatic lighting. Anything but bright, frontal lighting.

This image is made of 3 main parts that really grab the viewers eye: the drain is a black spot on a white field at the top edge, the red toenails in the middle, and the vibrant pattern at the bottom edge. It definately keeps the viewers eyes bouncing up and down across the image. Whether this is a good thing probably varies from person to person.

I think the points are all very strong, and compete with each other. Different lighting might subdue the contrast of the drain some; possibly bring it into the image more. Keep the red toenails. Switch the patterned shower curtain? pants? to a darker solid.

This is the kind of personal image that would make a very interesting photo-biography if you photographed your feet in the bathtub periodically throughout your life.

Like the idea and is different. I really dont like the drain at the top, very distracting and forces competition with the feet. A change in the lighting would help offer more contrast and define the water patterns. Maybe try lighting from behindthe feet helping provide a sense of direction that compliments the direction the feet are pointing and the moving water.

katileka said:
Thank you for the pity post.

original idea = I don't want to say something negative

Is that it?

I posted this to get critique not for an obvious repsonse.

Hmmm... very watery... Wow and you have feet... hmmmm.

This keeps happening to me. Thank you.

I'm sorry, but I too don't have any advice/comments to offer however, I do want to thank you for your response....highly amusing and I love your sense of humor.

ksmattfish said:
I have thought about photographing my feet in the bathtub also, so I'll give it a shot...

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to use some of your ideas, if not on this picture than on future ones.

I have an idea, though I'm not sure how to do it, as I've never tried it.

Shadows. Shadows would nuetralize the white plain, and if you got the lighting right so that the shadows of your legs dragged towards the drain, it would help the viewer's eye to keep from bouncing around so much. It would pull it together.

Heavier shadows might also add more mood and drama to the picture.

:oops: Of course, I don't really know what I'm talking out. It just popped into my head, and I felt like sharing.

I enjoy the concept a lot! :) I've done a couple bathtub photos myself :)

I wonder if you could do something with the feet. Like cross a toe over another? Like the big toe.

I don't see anything in the drain..maybe you could play with that. I would do a whole load of them, trying different things.

I don't mind the lighting. But playing wiht it doesn't hurt. If you can of course :)

I like the whie bathtub. The shots I've taken are kinda grey. Ewwww. Bathtubs arent grey! :)

Did you play with the saturation or contrast in a photo editing program at all? What camera/film do you use?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back