Canvas finish.

teneighty23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone, i got a Canvas photo printed today and it came with a card saying it should get a finish sprayed over it, its not mounted as a gallery wrap so i assume this is why it came raw, im trying to think of a new way to mount it just to do something different, start my own trend.

BUT my main question is about the deepness of the blacks, the photo i have on my comp is black black, but on Canvas it just looks dark grey like, i was wondering if applying that finish spray will darken up the blacks at all, or should i be taking it back to have them look at it?

Thinking logically, anything you spray on it that will make your blacks blacker will make the entire canvas darker too. Also, I have never heard of anyone saying that their canvas needed a clear-coating... kinda makes me wonder about the quality of the product in the first place!

It is possible that it looks black on your monitor only becuase it is not calibrated. On their equipment, it likely rendered it in the EXACT way you sent it to them.

Of course, the reverse is also possible. If your setup is accurate, and their printers are not calibrated, it comes out wrong just the same.

I think that any print that is not behind glass, is recommended to have a protective coating applied.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back