Canvas Prints...Help please >>>

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by hacksaw35, May 13, 2008.

1. hacksaw35

hacksaw35 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I am doing a project for a friend that will include 4 canvas prints. I have decided to buy the paper, have them printed, and then stretch them myself...b/c I am using odd sizes & the gallery wrap prices are outrageous.

Has anyone done this before? Any tips?

Also, what brand of canvas is best...on Adorama I can pick between: Premier Imaging, Inkpress, and Projet.

Thanks.

Dan

2. bisp21

bisp21 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    What size of a print are you doing? Did you use your D80 to take the shots for the canvas?

I have stretch canvas prints before, but have never done the printing. I had someone else do the printing and I did the stretching into gallery wrap. Its pretty easy and there are a lot of ways to do it with many examples on the web and even on youtube.

3. hacksaw35

hacksaw35 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the reply.
    For this project I am going to use some art work I have made in illustrator and photoshop...no camera this time.
    I was thinking about getting the paper that is 13"x19" and using 4 of those to make 4 canvases (forming a large square once hung)

I just didn't really know what brand to use (i guess the more expensive would be my best bet)...and if I need to treat the print before and after stretching it to make it turn out alright. I will have to do a little more research on the web, but I thought someone here would have some experience. Thanks.