1. (you can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner)

As part of our new initiative on TPF you can come and take part in a series of new in-depth articles and discussions every month. Featured this month are the methods that one of our top avian photographers, Kristofer Rowe uses to get his stunning photos (as also featured on Tamron USA website as well!). So drop in and take part, I know that Kristofer will be happy to answer your questions and hear what you do out in the field with your camera!

Capturing Distinctive Bird Images

Cap n Gown posing advice needed for this pic

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by JubbaKing, May 6, 2007.

1. JubbaKing

JubbaKing TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Each time I have a session I like to try something different/something I've never done before. Like this portrait for instance, I'm happy with the overall concept but ultimately not my execution of the posing entirely. I just can't put my finger on it. I like her head turned the way it is, the lighting, etc. but is it that her cap hand is showing? I'm beginning to think no --I like how her hand looks. Is it how the diploma hand/wrist has no curvature to it and ends up looking static/boring? Getting warmer I think.....what do YOU think?

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. AprilRamone

AprilRamone TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I really like this. I suppose if she had bent her wrist just slightly back it would look just a tad nicer. But, I think it's pretty perfect as it is.

What technique do you use for your Sepia tone?

3. ClarkKent

ClarkKent TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Pretty sweet if you ask me. I agree with bending the wrist a tad. Great work

4. JubbaKing

JubbaKing TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks guys. I think you're right about having a slight bend at the rest (not too much though as that would probably lead the eye out of the photo) but maybe if her arm and hand was just a little but closer to her face.....

April, I use a midnight sepia technique that can be found anywhere. I use a particular one from ATNcentral.com. It adjusts the tone with my preferred method--hue/saturation set to colorize so when the option comes up I can change the tone to my liking. I adjust the gaussian blur to my liking as well (usually around 5-12). A little dodging and burning and a few other lil tweaks gets me through. :)