Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So let me know what you think.

So todays word:

Captive
cap‧tive  /ˈkæptɪv/ Pronunciation[kap-tiv]
–noun
1. a prisoner.
2. a person who is enslaved or dominated; slave: He is the captive of his own fears.
–adjective
3. made or held prisoner, esp. in war: captive troops.
4. kept in confinement or restraint: captive animals.
5. enslaved by love, beauty, etc.; captivated: her captive beau.

Captive
No longer free

1)
IMG_5791.JPG

2)
IMG_5799.JPG

3)
IMG_5798.JPG

4)
IMG_5773.JPG

And the captor:

5)
IMG_5816.JPG

I thought the blur on the captor keep his identity hidden and kept a mystery about him.

Whats your thoughts?
On edit was resize and border.
Shot in RAW.

u have really got a nice feeling of clostrafobia (Fear of small spaces) and a glimps into this girls mind nearly like shes in a mental inst. great job

Thank you.
Its exatly what I was going for.
Was playing with flash units and using paper as a reflector or to shape the light.

Hmmmm...cool shots. Held captive by the media? Not sure if you were going for that. I like them!

Thanks guys.
Appreciate the comments :)
I prefered the ones with the beams of light aswell.
Just fun to play with different effects in the same series. I'll add more to this later today as I have more time on my hands to get things setup properly. :D

I like to leave my pictures open to interpret after I've given them a title or definition.
I wasn't going for the captive by the media tho. Hehe. Just thought the newspaper on the wall added to the effect rather than having a my walls and carpet in the shot. In fact, I know it looks better as I tried it without the newspaper when I was doing test shots.

I really like the concept you have going on. My favorite is number 2. I like how the black is surrounding her. Kind of makes it more "alone". And number 4 creeps me out. Thats a good thing though, since I like it when I'm creeped.

I really wish that number 3 had more contrast though. Other than that, I like them alot.

Kind of had a the concept of having a slit in the dorr for the first two.
The first one has a rectangle of light on her face, the second one a much bolder light in the corner.
Then the third I had in mind for it to be like the door is being opened, which is why It's much lighter. But I agree that it does look a bit bland and contrast would make it bolder.
Thanks for the input.

I like this series, but I think I would try a reshoot after modifying the papers... They are hung right-side-up,left/right. In other words, they were installed in a way they are easily read which takes away from the photo. If I were going to take someone hostage and line a wall with paper, I wouldn't care about the orientation of the papers. Nor would I care they are they are perfectly aligned.

Just some ideas. I love the shots though.

a small chair or tick-marks on the wall (counting days) would be interesting too.

I think the idea is kick ass, but i think that if you used newspapers with articles that had alot of bad headlines like stuff about war, natural disasters, etc.. it could be even better.

Most reactions

Back