**Capturing the essence of Fire Dancing**

Shawn22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello every one. As you can see I am new to TPF. I have a question that I am hoping I can get some feedback on before its too late!!

In about two weeks time I will have the opportunity to take some pictures of some of the most experienced fire dancers in the US. This will be a limited viewing of maybe 50 - 60 spectators and a rare opportunity for me to get some amazing pictures.

I am shooting with a Nikon D700 and I currently own the 70 - 300mm VR and 24 - 120mm 3.5 - 5.6G. After doing some research I am preparing to buy the 50mm 1.4 AF-S, unless some one can suggest something that will work better for this situation.

But my biggest question is if any one has any tips or ideas which will help me take full advantage of this opportunity. Since I live in Alaska and we currently have 24 hours of daylight, I will not be able to practice prior to taking this trip. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

you can practice my going into a dark room. using candle light etc etc you can try your best to mimic the conditions.

the 1.4 will def help you but depending how far you the 50mm wont be much use. also depending how you want to capture the motion - a tripod and a shutter cable would be handy.

whats your budget on a possible new lens?

Most reactions

Back