Capturing those baby blues

PersistentNomad

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My daughter, Charlotte Sabriel, has the best eyes. I mean, between my partner and I there was no doubt. ;) But, it's really hard to capture them on camera. This morning I had a little success, but a manual focus only lens with a squirmy baby isn't the best pairing.
for web-0011.jpg
for web-0014.jpg

I can see why you want to capture them in their best light, they're beautiful!! I'm no expert, but I guessing to narrow DOF rather than focus. You've got some of the eye/lashes in sharp focus. Based on the EXIF in your first image, and guessing on the focus distance, I'd say you're only looking at roughly a 1/4". I'm sure there are others more versed that could probably confirm or elaborate.

Kids make wildlife seem easy! LOL

Yeah, unfortunately with her it's a spray and pray situation. lol. She is really interested in the camera and loves to sit and help me edit. She was being pretty cooperative, so I didn't mess too much with the settings, just tried to grab what I could. But for sure, if I had been thinking about it I would've used a tighter aperture for more depth. I also might have changed to an auto-focus lens, but I was dumbfounded by the eyes, they hypnotized me and sent all of my picture taking knowledge away! lol.

Sweet! One key to kids is gotta be quick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShutterHuggers

these help but you need to be mindful of reflections. removing a brightly colored object from an eye, especially as close up as you are attempting is nearly impossible.

p!nK

Most reactions

New Topics

Back