Reaction score
Website
www.chaosjourney.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Railroad track that is. :mrgreen:

IMG_0028.jpg

Yay? Nay?

IMO, if you're gonna' take a pic of the car........take a pic of the car........

What do the tracks and the train add?

Again IMO, NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH. :thumbdown:

The leading lines of the track bypass the car, making it a tertiary (3rd) image element at best.

Hmm, never thought about it like that. See? That's why I'm glad I joined here. ;)

i think it looks pretty good, decent scene, those some wheels on that crown vic and your good! haha

Well I myself kind of like pictures of cars that show more than just the car. I like to use the rule of thirds a lot and work in other parts of a scene..just to make it like your looking out the window at a scene and you happen to see a nice car there. Just makes a cool picture I think. I like this picture a lot..I think its just a little harsh on the contrast IMO. Maybe a little dark if that makes sense. Other than that I like the composition a lot.

I think it's a bit over-exposed and bright, but I like the composition. The tracks and train add to the photo by giving it a scene. Photos of cars themselves have been overdone and killed. :lol:

Well I myself kind of like pictures of cars that show more than just the car. I like to use the rule of thirds a lot and work in other parts of a scene..just to make it like your looking out the window at a scene and you happen to see a nice car there. Just makes a cool picture I think. I like this picture a lot..I think its just a little harsh on the contrast IMO. Maybe a little dark if that makes sense. Other than that I like the composition a lot.

I'm all for having more than just the car in the scene...but you don't want competing visual interests in the foreground with the car. A mountain in the background or nice old building can work, but in this scene you have more than one focal point or subject. YOu have the car, you have the train tracks leading your eyes away from the car, and you have the train pulling your eyes even farther from the car. Everything about this scene distracts from the car. It could have worked if he would have composed it to make the car as the central focal point.......and I don't mean in the center...I mean the only true item of focus with everything else complementing it instead of fighting for attention in the photo.

I'm all for having more than just the car in the scene...but you don't want competing visual interests in the foreground with the car. A mountain in the background or nice old building can work, but in this scene you have more than one focal point or subject. YOu have the car, you have the train tracks leading your eyes away from the car, and you have the train pulling your eyes even farther from the car. Everything about this scene distracts from the car. It could have worked if he would have composed it to make the car as the central focal point.......and I don't mean in the center...I mean the only true item of focus with everything else complementing it instead of fighting for attention in the photo.

I see what you're saying, very good point. I'll definitely keep that in mind for future shots! Thanks. :D

Nice Marauder.

The picture.... ehh. Too much black and the setting is distracting as KmH said.

p!nK

Very well spoken..I agree completely. I guess if you are trying to take a picture of a car with a cool scene, you should make sure that the car is the main idea of the picture to anyone who may see it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back