Car photography------need help

ha ha your right? just let me know what time you want to go.

Dosent matter to me if we get there early we can deal with less people and maybe even be able to get some pics of time square not being crowed but the trains start going at 730 so idk useally the city dosent get busy till 11am so its up to u

Dosent matter to me if we get there early we can deal with less people and maybe even be able to get some pics of time square not being crowed but the trains start going at 730 so idk useally the city dosent get busy till 11am so its up to u

sure, I figure maybe we can spend a few hours up there, go find a place to eat etc.

sure, I figure maybe we can spend a few hours up there, go find a place to eat etc.

Sounds good to me but we can probally make it almost all day cause we can take some good photos around ny and also there is a zoo in central park so i can watch the animals bite and poop all over u lol then we can get food and then i can lose u an see if u can find ur way home lol

Sounds good to me but we can probally make it almost all day cause we can take some good photos around ny and also there is a zoo in central park so i can watch the animals bite and poop all over u lol then we can get food and then i can lose u an see if u can find ur way home lol

ha ha would your parents care though?

ha ha would your parents care though?

Nah y would they care when they dont know lol ill just tell them that im helping my one friend with something they wont care lol its not the first time that i have done that

Nah y would they care when they dont know lol ill just tell them that im helping my one friend with something they wont care lol its not the first time that i have done that

ha ha ha, good one.

You mean a polarizing filter?

I've been really retarded the last few days...yes. That's what I meant to say.

Now about the pics...definitely get a tripod for night photography or try to place your camera on a garbage can or anything that doesn't move. I try to use a timer so that the camera doesn't shake from me pressing the shutter.

Pics with the D80...they weren't all that interesting. I was distracted by the car in the background and in some of them you cut off a portion of the front end. The following is just my personal suggestion: Mustang is a sports car, shooting it from so low to the ground exaggerates the ground clearance making it look like a truck. Try shooting from a higher position so the car looks lower to the ground. Try to make sure there are no other cars that distract the viewer (unless you want multiple cars to be in a shot). Also I think it would've been a great shot if you went head on and shot the hood of the car with a wide angle...It's been done before, but I still like shots like that.

I've been really retarded the last few days...yes. That's what I meant to say.

Now about the pics...definitely get a tripod for night photography or try to place your camera on a garbage can or anything that doesn't move. I try to use a timer so that the camera doesn't shake from me pressing the shutter.

Pics with the D80...they weren't all that interesting. I was distracted by the car in the background and in some of them you cut off a portion of the front end. The following is just my personal suggestion: Mustang is a sports car, shooting it from so low to the ground exaggerates the ground clearance making it look like a truck. Try shooting from a higher position so the car looks lower to the ground. Try to make sure there are no other cars that distract the viewer (unless you want multiple cars to be in a shot). Also I think it would've been a great shot if you went head on and shot the hood of the car with a wide angle...It's been done before, but I still like shots like that.

Yeah i know the background is bad cause it was just like a last minute thing i was just mainly working to see if it took blurry pics like my camera does. But im gonna work on the back ground just didnt have time to find a good spot

Perfect! Tripod will help you tremendously! I made a mistake of getting a very cheap one and it has it's limitations height-wise and it's not sturdy enough. So make sure you try one out in the store to see its quality before you spend the cash on it.

Yeah well the camera i have was mainly a point and shoot that i got as a xmas gift two years ago to take with me to germany but after playing with my dads and seeing that i do have a intrest in it along with making little movies im starting to look at the D90 since it has some video capabilties and also takes photos. And now with my new mac i have all this editing software for all that stuff so im starting to see how much it interets me. Also since my car was inbettwen two cars i couldnt really get the whole front end well but what do u think of the concept like if u were to just look at the car does it look ok

Overall its not bad. I see you used flash on couple of your pictures. I personally try to stay away from using built-in flash because you end up with spots of intense brightness. You can get a diffuser installed over your flash to spread the light more evenly. Another technique that's a bit tricky (at least for me) is light painting. This is done with a flash light and long exposure, you "paint" the car with the light, going at same speed and ensuring you light up the whole car. When the shutter closes, all areas around will be dark except for the car.
I still think that you should have shot the images from higher up. Type in "Ford Mustang" into Google Images and see what you come up with. All of them were shot from eye level if not even higher. There are exceptions to that...my car is fairly low to the ground, so I will shoot from headlight level to allow the reader to see just how low it is. If I was shooting your car, I would try to bring back the muscle car heritage.
Best thing to do is to browse through pictures of cars on the net, just skim through them...naturally your eye will be drawn to one picture on the page...study it and see what made it interesting enough to catch your eye.

Thanks for the help im defintly am gonna try to start working on it kinda hard with college but i will and yeah my dads D80 i was shooting with has a sensor that makes the flash pop up on its own so yeah thats y there is flash

Ok i look at some mustang pictures and im trying to thing of ways to bring back the muscle car error but i cant thing of good back grounds or anything any helpful hits i was thinking like a drag strip back ground or maybe found a old gas station out in the middle of no where or a back road pic maybe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back