Photos NOT OK to edit
Any pointers on my pics?

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0155A.jpg

Dare I say .... snapshot quality.

It doesn't look like there was much thought put into the composition of these shots. You cut the tires off in all the shots. When doing car photography, try to frame them to encompass the whole vehicle.

On the last shot of the engine, I don't think the flash added anything to the shot. I would have tried to shoot it sans flash.

Also, beware of reflections. In almost all the shots, the reflections contain something that draws the eye away from subject. Try to not get people in the reflections or other cars. I know these were shot at a car show and you can't really do much about car reflections, but the people in them you can try to discard.

/justmy.02

Dare I say .... snapshot quality.

It doesn't look like there was much thought put into the composition of these shots. You cut the tires off in all the shots. When doing car photography, try to frame them to encompass the whole vehicle.

On the last shot of the engine, I don't think the flash added anything to the shot. I would have tried to shoot it sans flash.

Also, beware of reflections. In almost all the shots, the reflections contain something that draws the eye away from subject. Try to not get people in the reflections or other cars. I know these were shot at a car show and you can't really do much about car reflections, but the people in them you can try to discard.

/justmy.02

Thanks for the comments. That is what I'm looking for. I want to learn how to shoot photographs not snapshots of cars the proper way.

So when I shoot side views like that I should encompass the whole side? What are some good pointers to get the best composition?

im a begginer, so take these comments with a grain of salt.
the second pic is proably the worst. theres wat too mush distraction to the far right. BUT, i love how at the left, where theres just a big patch of red, theres a great reflection of another car. i would try to do something with that.

You cut the tires off in all the shots. When doing car photography, try to frame them to encompass the whole vehicle.

Also, beware of reflections. In almost all the shots, the reflections contain something that draws the eye away from subject. Try to not get people in the reflections or other cars.

+1

They're a bit too close, I'd like to see some wider shots. Did you get any other angles on the cars? Maybe some straight-on shots of the front or back?

Is that first car a 1970 boss 302? Mmmmmmph... wet spot

STANG UP

Like the other guys said it's hard to get creative, "pretty" sort of shots at car shows. Generally at shows I try to get more of an informative view of car, basically getting the wheels in a shot, and the entire car in another, usually from straight on or a nice side view, to sort of catalog what was there. There's just too many people and usually all the shows are right in the middle of the afternoon :( sun sucks

Cars are not easy to shoot when standing (nor while driving :er: ).

It takes careful planning and coming up with a concept what you want to convey.

Car shows usually have a bunch of people standing around the car. You will either see them in the background or in the reflections of the exterior. That's a lose-lose situation.

There are almost no ways around placing the car of your choice into some kind of environment that you can control like your friend's Honda Civic on an abandoned parking lot... or something like that.

Think before you shoot. And also look at great car picture from professional photographers and study the photos, you can learn a lot from them.

I do have other photos of them in different angles like from the front, sides, and back but like everyone says it is hard not to get people in the pic. All the cars are close together so that is a distraction also. Yes most of them are shot during the afternoon when the sun at it's worst angle for doing shoots like these. I hear that the best time to do a photo shoot of cars is in the morning or before sun set?

Here is another, it is probably to centered and out of focus?

JenrosCars18.jpg

Once again people in it, but looking for C&C:

JenrosCars8.jpg

The last one you just posted would be great if you too two steps backwards so there was more pavement below the car and more sky above it and more of both to the left, and if there was no person, other cars, or the lamp post. Car photography is pretty much all about the composition. 'Technique' really isn't the right word for it (unless you're that guy who does beautiful post processing on his shots... can't remember his name).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back