car shot c&c

goodoneian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i've seen this type of thing before and thought it was pretty cool, so i finally got around to trying it. i'm pretty happy with the result since this worked out better than expected.

my camera was mounted on my tripod and my friend sat in my backseat and held it extended out my window. the light in my car is lit by an sb80dx stuck under my rear passenger side headrest.

i probably would have tried more but i was happy with this and figured the less time my camera spends extended outside my car the better haha

3233274278_73bfce797e.jpg

Nice! I like!! I've been meaning to make a rig for angles like this, haven't gotten around to it yet... Maybe in the spring

good... have you seen the rig where you setup a boom to basically hang off the side of your car and hold your camera? I lost the link for it... maybe someone here has it. It's CRAZY stuff.

Nice shot, btw... pretty impressive given how you got it.

thanks. my fisheye helped with getting a lot of the car in it without having to have the camera very far out the window.

and the shutter was 2 seconds long. i kind of wish i drove a little faster though. i was going like 2 mph in that shot

How did he hold the camera still for 2 seconds? You (the driver) look completely in focus.

the window was rolled down and i positioned the tripod to where i was satisfied with the angle and he just held it really firm haha;)

thanks. my fisheye helped with getting a lot of the car in it without having to have the camera very far out the window.

and the shutter was 2 seconds long. i kind of wish i drove a little faster though. i was going like 2 mph in that shot

Don't tell anyone that, it looks like you're going about 80 :mrgreen:

i love rig shots like this. A buddy of mine specialized in them. They are all done at walking pace speed, and look like they are flying!

mac.supra.rig2web.jpg

i love rig shots like this. A buddy of mine specialized in them. They are all done at walking pace speed, and look like they are flying!

mac.supra.rig2web.jpg

I am totally ignorant on rigs..

how the heck would you hook up a rig for something like that without it being too much in the frame? is the bottom completely cloned out or something?

That rig is actually a one point rig he custom made to do these shots. It actually has a U-clip that fastens to the front cross member of the vehicle and points the rig at 45 degrees so he is able to get that shot. He chose the construction of the rig he has so there would be minimal cropping done in the photograph.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back