Car shot. Testing my new X-Ray filter.

reznap

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First shot with the new X-Ray filter. It's actually 2 shots, obviously. I erased what I wanted from the one with the hood up. Just playing around... wanted to see if I could do it and make it look half decent. I painted some light on it with a mag-lite during the long exposure.

2nd one is a little less interesting.

popthehood.jpg

nightred.jpg

If anyone was wondering.. I removed the plate for the 1st picture... after taking the 2nd. I then covered the holes with the clone stamp.

I really like the effect. Good job :thumbup:

how to design this type car,i am interesting

I'm sorry I don't understand.

I just used a tripod, took a long 30 second exposure and painted some light onto the car with a flashlight where I wanted it.

Hope I've answered your question.

EDIT: Thanks Josh220!

how to design this type car,i am interesting

I'm sorry I don't understand.

I just used a tripod, took a long 30 second exposure and painted some light onto the car with a flashlight where I wanted it.

Hope I've answered your question.

EDIT: Thanks Josh220!

He's a spammer.... He's got his blog address in his profile and a product link in his signature. These guys get paid to crawl Internet forums and post replys to get their URL out there. The search engines give more importance to links that are more common... the more links he gets posted, the more important the search engines think it is.

Sorry for the hi-jack, but there's no need to worry about his question. Like a fart in a hurricane, he's gone and will probably never come back.

I like that effect. Nice how the hood goes from translucent to transparent.:thumbup:

Nice pony, very nice effect.

ive done this before and i really enjoy these shots

you did a good job with the transparency, the ONLY thing that bothers me is how much light the engine bay has. it looks more like you pasted it in there instead of popping the hood and taking and extra picture

Nice shots.

As dom yo mentioned, the engine bay is a bit too bright (for my taste) as well as the overall picture (especially the front because of the flash - I assume).

If you could achieve more even lighting lighting, or getting rid of the brighter area in the front you could give the car a more "evil" look and darken it a bit more down.

That just would be my approach.

Nice effect.

I think it would have looked way cool if you had lit the passenger compartment (a couple speedlights (front seat/rear seat) at 1/64 power or so).

You guys are making me really want to go buy a couple of off-camera flashes and some wireless triggers...

I did what I could with the parking lot lights and the mag-lite during the long exposure. The mag-lite painting is why the engine bay is bright and why it sort of lacks depth. Maybe I should have stayed in one spot or at least stayed on the same plane with it...

Screw the x-ray filter on the car ... I've got some better ideas for it ... it's really going to waste on reznap's camera .... :lmao:

First shot it awesome ... great effect!

I'm not a big car guy, or a big car photo guy ... and I usually don't comment on these types but these rock! Is that your Mustang?

Screw the x-ray filter on the car ... I've got some better ideas for it ... it's really going to waste on reznap's camera .... :lmao:

I like where your head's at.. :sexywink:

First shot it awesome ... great effect!

I'm not a big car guy, or a big car photo guy ... and I usually don't comment on these types but these rock!
Thank you very much for your kind words. I spent a decent amount of Photoshop time on these so I have to give Adobe some credit too.

Is that your Mustang?

Yeah, it's slow though :( and everything breaks on it. I just put a new rear differential in it and it threw a transmission code (good thing I have a reader/programmer) - the transmission range sensor has a short to ground. There's another $100 Ford gets from me..

You guys are making me really want to go buy a couple of off-camera flashes and some wireless triggers...

I did what I could with the parking lot lights and the mag-lite during the long exposure. The mag-lite painting is why the engine bay is bright and why it sort of lacks depth. Maybe I should have stayed in one spot or at least stayed on the same plane with it...
I like the overall effect, though you might think about going back and adjusting the engine bay shot down a stop. It should be fairly easy assuming you saved your working file as a photoshop image before outputting it to jpg.

I like the overall effect, though you might think about going back and adjusting the engine bay shot down a stop. It should be fairly easy assuming you saved your working file as a photoshop image before outputting it to jpg.

I tried it and I don't like it. I'm going to respectfully disagree with all of you on this one. Maybe in a few months or years when I am better with composition and editing I'll agree... But for now I like the engine lit up. The engine's supposed to stand out in this shot. If anything, I dislike the dark border.. but that's another issue.

Only thing that hasn't been said so far is the second picture, turn the wheels to show the wheel rather then the tire unless you are showing off the tire, in which car put some tire shine on it.

But pretty good work with parking lot lights and a flash light.

Most reactions

Back