Photos OK to edit
First time shooting my car since I got my DSLR... Here are pics & exif

1257exif.jpg

DSC01257.jpg

1253exif.jpg

DSC01253.jpg

1261exif.jpg

61_62_632.jpg

the first pic is prett good. the second and third one are a little dark. one thing you should always remember never shoot the shaded side of a vehilce. your concept is good just watch the shade. if i were taking the same pic i would have moved in a little closer, this is all my personal opinion

You've lost detail in the shadows. A simple curves adjustment might bring them back, but I wouldn't count on it if they're totally black and beyond recovery - although it is easier to bring back shadows than it is highlights.

I'd have shot this a bit earlier, maybe 20-30 minutes earlier, and bracketed. I might also have used a big foamcore board on the car's left side (our right) to bring out some more detail in the car's front fascia and define its lines better.

Thanks for the feedback! I wanted to get a nice background in, but wasn't even thinking about the shade from the building, doh!

Zansho - Is the big foamcore board your talking about to reflect some light?

Thanks for the feedback! I wanted to get a nice background in, but wasn't even thinking about the shade from the building, doh!

Zansho - Is the big foamcore board your talking about to reflect some light?

It's not dark because of the shade from the building. It's dark because the sun is behind the car so technically the car is "shading" itself.

Yup, looks a little soft to me, seems that F5.6 is its widest at 40mm? i'd try F8 - F11 it should result in a little more sharpness and more DOF to allow you to get closer to the car as well retaining focus on the subject and the building.

Last edited:
I know I need to get off the roofs of parking garages, but here a couple more (with the sun's position in mind :) )

DSC01289.jpg

DSC01294.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back