Car shots i need help

keybq

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok i am starting to take pics of some of my buddies cars and i am wondering how you exactly show the motor through the hood. How do you edit it to be like this in photoshop.

Tripod and layers. I've never done it, but this is how I would do it.

Tripod photos of the car, one with the hood closed and one with the hood open. Load the closed hood photo in PS. Load the open hood shot on a 2nd layer. Use a layer mask and hide the open hood layer except for the engine. Feather the edges to a nice soft edge.

Or instead of layer mask, just erase parts of the image of the open hood until you are just showing the engine. Again, make it so that the edge is feathered nice and soft.

Tripod and layers. I've never done it, but this is how I would do it.

Tripod photos of the car, one with the hood closed and one with the hood open. Load the closed hood photo in PS. Load the open hood shot on a 2nd layer. Use a layer mask and hide the open hood layer except for the engine. Feather the edges to a nice soft edge.

Or instead of layer mask, just erase parts of the image of the open hood until you are just showing the engine. Again, make it so that the edge is feathered nice and soft.

yeah, thats the best way to do it. i would use the layer mask cause you can bring back the image if you make a mistake

Most reactions

Back