Car Show Pics

chrisburke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisburke.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I was on the way to my ball game tonight, and there happened to be a car show happening in town... since I was running early for the game, I decided to get out and snap some pics... some of them are decent, others, not so but just wanted to show you guys... personally my favorite is any of the 67 shelby pics.. but thats mostly because thats my favorite car of all time...

heres my favorite:
2721790044_1bdfec7d36_o.jpg

another:
2720964751_e9a60b08a0_o.jpg

2721789094_79fd4d4ee5_o.jpg

heres a link to all the pics:

http://flickr.com/photos/chrisburke/sets/72157606477399314/

do you have a bounce flash? . . . little too "flash exposed" for me. . .but I'm no expert in car photography. . . I prefer mine with my iso cranked, and just ambient lighting. . .

do you have a bounce flash? . . . little too "flash exposed" for me. . .but I'm no expert in car photography. . . I prefer mine with my iso cranked, and just ambient lighting. . .

He's outside. Bouncing a flash would require an object such as a wall or ceiling to bounce the light off of.

Even then, the car would just be showing whatever the light was bouncing off of. After all, the car's surface just reflects whatever it's surrounding are and you're just taking a photo of that...

lol, no best of class with those tires

Being a car show judge, I can tell you that the 67 Mustang (Not a Shelby, BTW. Just a standard GT fastback.) would lose a TON of points for those filthy tires and wheel wells. Same goes for the 69 Chevelle sitting next to it. I really hope this was just a cruise-in and not a judged event. Still some nice cars there though. The engine bay of the Duke boy's R/T clone looks quite nice.

Being a car show judge, I can tell you that the 67 Mustang (Not a Shelby, BTW. Just a standard GT fastback.) would lose a TON of points for those filthy tires and wheel wells. Same goes for the 69 Chevelle sitting next to it. I really hope this was just a cruise-in and not a judged event. Still some nice cars there though. The engine bay of the Duke boy's R/T clone looks quite nice.

yes its just a cruise in... they do it every thursday night... they do give out prizes, but not based on the car.. the car owners get tickets when they come it, its just like a draw.. not cause of sweetness

need more tripod and less flash

He's outside. Bouncing a flash would require an object such as a wall or ceiling to bounce the light off of.

Or a CD, a tee shirt, a bounce card....

Hell, I saw a guy at Mardi Gras this past February with the local paper flip out because he forgot to bring something to bounce off of :lmao: and he ended up doing it off of his hand, careful to keep it a couple inches back of course, dunno how that worked out for him though.

Most reactions

Back