Car Talk

I LOVE cars!!! All things motorized actually.

My current fleet includes the following:

1992 Sunburst Yellow Mazda Miata <--the Autocross car

1998 Black Subaru Impreza Outback Sport <--the Rallycross car and daily driver

2002 Zinc Yellow Ford Mustang GT <--former autocross car, soon to be track car and occasional daily driver

2004 Blue Toyota Sienna LE <--Family hauler and track support vehicle

I'll to find some action shots of the three race cars and post them in the near future.

finally a Miata owner, i drive a;

1990 Classis Red Miata - my POS daily driver and auto-x car
2000 Thunder Grey Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab - my utility truck
2007 Silver Mazda 5 - family hauler

DSCN0906.jpg

lol, when i make left turns and sometimes right turns, my windshield wipers go back and forth. makes for an amusing ride if youve never been in my car before.

:mrgreen: We have a 1994 Cavalier. Same body style as yours. It has 95,000 miles on it. My only problem is that the cockpit area is so small, I'm constantly bumping things and flipping the wipers on, or turning the dome light on or the dash lights off. My wife and I got tired of making $550 payments on our F-250 so we sold it! Her cousin had been driving the Cavalier for a while and rear ended somebody on the highway. Not real bad, but it needed a new hood and headlights. I bought the car for $300 and found a hood and headlights at a junk yard for another $100. Everything works on this car and it runs like a champ. It sure is ugly, but it's paid for! I don't have any pics of it... probably because it's ugly and not photogenic. We don't have any car payments either. We have three vehicles that are paid for. My insurance runs me $41 a month. We don't use credit cards either and have no debt. Living debt free is awesome.

Here's the F-250 we had. Nice truck, but the payments sucked.
DSC02346-1.jpg

This is my 1993 Honda Accord Coupe SE. It has 202,000 miles on it. I bought it for $100. It had a lot of problems, especially with the brakes, but I'm pretty mechanically savvy and got it all worked out. It runs great and gets good gas mileage. It's a fun car to drive.

DSC02438.jpg

This is my 1996 Chevy S-10. It is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Back in 2003, my dad bought a brand new 2003 S-10. It was a base model with the 4cyl and the 5 speed tranny. He paid cash for it and figured that since he had never had a wreck in all his years of driving, that he would drop it to liability only. BIG mistake. Three days later, he was at work at GM and a tornado hit the plant. It destroyed every single car in the parking lot, including his S-10. It was pretty sad. It only had about 800 miles on it. He bought another S-10 with a 6 cylinder motor. Had to finance that one. :mrgreen: So, he had the wrecked S-10 sitting in his barn for a couple weeks and told me that if I could find an S-10 that needed a motor or tranny, I could have the one in his S-10. I looked for a while and eventually found my 96 in Tulsa. The guy was advertising it for $2,000. I talked him down to $1,200 and went and looked at it. It had 165,000 miles on it at the time and it ran great. Didn't look too bad either. So, I am still driving it and the motor or tranny just won't die. It has 221,000 miles on it now. I still have the new motor and tranny waiting if something ever happens to this one. This truck is VERY reliable. Everything works in it. I even drove it from Oklahoma City to Oregon and back in April. 4,500 miles without a problem. It gets about 29 miles per gallon on the highway. Here she is in Oregon.
DSC02117.jpg

This next vehicle is my project vehicle. It is a 1993 International Carpenter school bus. I am currently converting it into an RV. :mrgreen: I bought it earlier this year from the Norman, Oklahoma school district for $2,000. It has an International 7.3L Diesel motor and automatic tranny in it. It runs and drives great. I am installing everything in this bus that you would have in an RV. I'll have a king size bed in the back, two bunks, a bathroom with toilet and shower, 95 gallon tanks, a kitchen with microwave and fridge, cabinets, couch, flat screen TV, stereo system, heated floors, A/C, propane furnace, hot water heater etc. As you can see, I have finished the paint job. I have tinted and painted the windows too. I just finished installing the insulated flooring this weekend. Getting ready to start building the inside. This is a fun and rewarding project for me. The bus is a blast to drive, especially with the paint job! I always see people pointing and I can't go anywhere without people asking questions. Did I mention that I'm installing a propane flame thrower as well? :mrgreen:

Here she is the day I brought her home. I was a proud bus dad that day! :D
Bus2.jpg

I took these photos a few weeks ago after I got the flames painted on.
DSC02421.jpg

DSC02420-1.jpg

DSC02424-1.jpg

DSC02427-1.jpg

Also, here's the vehicle I drive at work. Well, I'm a flight engineer. I do everything except steer. :mrgreen:
e-3-AWACS.jpg

i have a 86 camaro rs, gm crate motor with pro street edlebrock cams, hydraulic lifters, intake manifold, full exhaust and a 650 carb. i run 12.3 in the quarter on street tires. this winter im gutting my car completly and getting slicks im hoping to run mid 11's/

i have a 86 camaro rs, gm crate motor with pro street edlebrock cams, hydraulic lifters, intake manifold, full exhaust and a 650 carb. i run 12.3 in the quarter on street tires. this winter im gutting my car completly and getting slicks im hoping to run mid 11's/

k...my friends civic can do that as well

k...my friends civic can do that as well

well if we're talking friends, how about a firend of mine named Mike, he had the fastest Rx-7 in all of South Eastern North America, now he's going for the world. It used to be a 430hp at the wheels 1993 Rx7, but he wrapped it around a tree, now, for a whopping $23K dollars he's had the entire unibody and body pannels done in carbonfiber, transpalnted his old engine, tuned it to 480hp and is currently putting all together. the weight of the car will basically be in the wheels, the roll cage, and the engine (which we know, as a rotary doesn't weigh much) The car will be about 1600 pounds, and have 480 hp to the wheels, you do the math.(REALLY REALLY REALLY fast)

by the way Mike is rich, has 3 vacation homes and dates a Victoria Secret model. He daily drives a BMW M5...... I hate him!(jealous)

haha...sounds like its gonna be a fun car...But there's a pic of my friends civic on here somewhere...he's pushing 583WHP and i think he weighs like 2400lbs....i mean...not bad for a Civic...I wouldnt race him...But i bet that Carbon Fiber FD would be sweet

I can go one slightly better than a photo. Someone put a link to an old video of a group of cars meeting on forum. And there was mine, 17 years before I owned it.

At 27 seconds in you see the camera turn and a white car drive past.

Last edited by a moderator:
that had to be awesome....who told you that was your car?

Was this aimed at me?

Someone posted the link on one of my car clubs site. I sat and watched it and then thought in the half a second it's on the screen "I recognise that". I went back, paused it and then saw the number plate.

Thing is, I know from DVLA records that someone rebuilt my car in the 80's. From '68 onwards it was kept by owners for about 10 years each and then suddenyl changed hands three times in a couple of years in the 80's. It must have been a rust bucket by then. It's also on record that the engine was changed, same type of engine just a different number so that must have been knackered as well. The person driving it in that video must have been the person who rebuilt the car. :)

It's slightly different now. I bought it with alloys and I've tweaked the engine a tiny bit. But I've worked out that when the car was 20 years old it was rebuilt and 20 years after (now) that it needs another. Also, whoever built the engine that's in it really knew what they were doing as I thrash it and it never dies. I hoping to do 2000 miles over a weekend next October and was planning on driving it to the Germany meet.

DIVIDED-Anything done to the cobra?

Currently i have a magnaflow exhaust, Fiore firewall adjuster and clutch quadrant, k&n intake, DFX clutch, and MGW short shifter. Im going to be pullying it after winter.

My "gets me in way too much trouble" Mustang

nice car, but a V-6 mustang gets you in trouble a lot? I like the unique color though, remove that rub strip though, 1) it's useless because crease above and below it 2) Ford saw fit to remove it on 2001 and later models and 3) removal only requires goo gone, a hair dryer and dental floss. ONe last thing thuogh, that picture is breathtaking, a good twist for automotive photography, meeting landscape.

Most reactions

Back