Car Talk

nice car, but a V-6 mustang gets you in trouble a lot?

ONe last thing thuogh, that picture is breathtaking, a good twist for automotive photography, meeting landscape.

I was thinking the same thing...haha

And that is a VERY good photo in my opinion

haha...sounds like its gonna be a fun car...But there's a pic of my friends civic on here somewhere...he's pushing 583WHP and i think he weighs like 2400lbs....i mean...not bad for a Civic...I wouldnt race him...But i bet that Carbon Fiber FD would be sweet

that man has alot fo boost to make that much power. pow much psi, and whats compression does he run. but understand for a chevy 583whp is just starting to put mods on :) my dad has a 67 nova with about 790rwhp.

that man has alot fo boost to make that much power. pow much psi, and whats compression does he run..

he's only running 15p.s.i daily driven on pump gas. He has the biggest motor you can put in a Honda, along with one of the biggest turbo's. As far as compression, im pretty for sure it's low, exact numbers i dont know. If you would see this car driving down the road it looks like a beater honda with a 1.5/6L V-tec...lol....But yea, i have family that races nothing but chevy's...

hold on and ill post a pic of the car, motor shot...then a car shot....your gonna laugh because it's an ultimate sleeper

EDIT:
103_0717.jpg

The car looks blue under this light (yellow buglight outside the garage) But can still notice the fender and such
100_0951_1.jpg

Me and my dad are currently restoring two Chevrolet BelAirs a '56 and a '57. The 57 is a 4 dr. sedan and the 56 is a 2 dr. hardtop. The motor to the 57 is still being worked on. My dads car (the 56) is going to be painted Matador Red & Adobe Beige, my car will be Tropical Turquoise & India Ivory.

Heres the '56 (my dads car)

Red.jpg

56.jpg

'57 (my car)

572.jpg

57.jpg

Haha....when i worked at a body shop I had to restore a 57...pretty simple...Also...I love 56's...I think they're the Best body style

I had to turn down a easy restoration of a 55 a couple years ago, at the time I was working out of another garadge on a 50 Chevy PU owned by a friend of the owner of the belair. The owner of the PU took off and left me hanging about half way threw. I walked away from the truck, I sure as hell was not going to finish it if I wasn't getting paid, sadly It was arranged to do the 55 after the truck in the same place, but with the truck in the way that was out of the question and I have no money to get my garadge back up and running.

Perhaps at some point I'll go down and get pics of the truck, I do believe it's still there.

My air filter is from a chevy Camaro, but I made an adapter out of a can of green beans and a Frisbee.

It flows better than my old air filter, plus the Frisbee is blue, so it ads like 50 HP!

It cut my 1/4 mile time by 2 seconds, its down to like 38.5 seconds!

Anyone listen to "CAR TALK" on NPR?

I try to diagnose the problems before click and clack can.

nice car, but a V-6 mustang gets you in trouble a lot? I like the unique color though, remove that rub strip though, 1) it's useless because crease above and below it 2) Ford saw fit to remove it on 2001 and later models and 3) removal only requires goo gone, a hair dryer and dental floss. ONe last thing thuogh, that picture is breathtaking, a good twist for automotive photography, meeting landscape.

V6 can still do 130+ mph, not that I've eeeever gone that fast.... :looks aroundtososeeifanyonebelieveshim:

I tried to have the strip removed at some point, but due to insurance issues I couldn't then...may have to try your trick to get it off...

Everyone into cars has at least hit 130mph...but i dont boast about that stuff....cause i have matured alot since i was 16...Unless its having fun in an open parking lot (drifting/donuts/burnouts) where no one is around, or at a track...I wont do anything stupid...not worth the risk

Everyone into cars has at least hit 130mph...but i dont boast about that stuff....cause i have matured alot since i was 16...Unless its having fun in an open parking lot (drifting/donuts/burnouts) where no one is around, or at a track...I wont do anything stupid...not worth the risk

Oh yeah, 81 TA down old seventeen, 135 with peddle left but seems kinda moot compared to a well e-braked corner at forty-five to fifty in a 89 daytona, even from the passenger seat that drift was great.

seems kinda moot compared to a well e-braked corner at forty-five to fifty in a 89 daytona, even from the passenger seat that drift was great.

I invisioned that....but then you went off in a ditch for some reason...but you didnt get hurt

99 WJ 4.7 w/ a dead NV247 (the jeep people will know)

96 volvo 850 r running 16psi (wait what?) 243whp 302 wtq..."plan" on building it when i get time and naturally $

and my 2 wheel frenzy 01 Triumph Speed triple 955i (3cyl)

nice to see we have a wide range of car enthusiasts here

Most reactions

New Topics

Back