Car & Truck Photos

Jeffro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
infinitecustoms.forumotion.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Mixing two of my loves are my project celica and Photography!
Also some of my friends rides!

What do yall think!??
DSCN1552.jpg

S5001537.jpg

DSCN1841.jpg

DSCN0085.jpg

S5001015.jpg

DSCN1198.jpg

Well, since you asked, I think most of these suffer badly from issues with either exposure, white balance, noise, or focus. Most of these look like point and shoot shots that didn't get much thought put into them. Find a better location than a parking lot or car wash, get a tripod and set it to ISO 200 and you'll get better results. Oh and set your white balance.

To start off with, I'd say this is fine for now. However, since it seems like you spend a lot of time with and working on your car with your buddies, why not spruce it up by upgrading your equipment? Pick up a nice SLR, experiment and you'll be pleased what you come up with.

Love the 2nd shot btw

They are nice cars, but they are not nice pictures. Good for facebook posting, but I don't consider these photographs.

Exposure is bad, composition is non existant, the white balance is off, sharpness, lighting, location.... most things need to be done different and can be improved.

Read up on actual photography:
Exposure (shutter, ISO, aperture)
Composition rules (rule of thirds, angles,...)
Look at professional car pictures and try and copy those to start

To start off with, I'd say this is fine for now. However, since it seems like you spend a lot of time with and working on your car with your buddies, why not spruce it up by upgrading your equipment? Pick up a nice SLR, experiment and you'll be pleased what you come up with.

Love the 2nd shot btw

YOU ARE CORRECT I need better equipment!!! Another reason I am here!

They are nice cars, but they are not nice pictures. Good for facebook posting, but I don't consider these photographs.

Exposure is bad, composition is non existant, the white balance is off, sharpness, lighting, location.... most things need to be done different and can be improved.

A bit harsh, aren't we? Ok, exposure kind of sucks, but "composition is non existant"? "Location"? I don't think you have seen that many professional car pictures sir. Trying to copy them is exactly what he does. Sure, everything needs work, but unless you think that people climb places or drop to the ground to take casual snapshots, you can see that the effort is there in most of these photographs.

However i second the advice, read up the basics of photography and practice a bit with your camera and you'll see a huge improvement to these shots.

I highly recommend getting better at photography before going for equipment. Your P80 (right?) should be capable of much more than this if you use it properly. As for equipment, try a cheap tripod (or improvise a substitute) for low light shots and see what this gets you.

A bit harsh, aren't we? Ok, exposure kind of sucks, but "composition is non existant"? "Location"? I don't think you have seen that many professional car pictures sir. Trying to copy them is exactly what he does. Sure, everything needs work, but unless you think that people climb places or drop to the ground to take casual snapshots, you can see that the effort is there in most of these photographs.

However i second the advice, read up the basics of photography and practice a bit with your camera and you'll see a huge improvement to these shots.

I dont mind!!!

That is all the stuff I am working on!!!

Those pics were taken months ago! But by putting them on here I am hoping to learn alot from the books and my uncle and see what the next step look like. If they get better then I am happy!!!

I am looking to get alot better.

So I have gotten three books so far and reading alot and also reading on here a ton of stuff.

Keep the comments coming!!!

Love the 2nd shot btw

No need to get all worked up about it, just a C&C. You never really know how serious people are on these forums. People come and go all the time.

But,
1) What camera are you considering getting?
2) What software are you going to use for PP? (Use them)

Post more soon, I'd like to see how your work progresses if your that dedicated as you say you are. I'm working on technique as well, and doing work on car photography as well

Love the 2nd shot btw

No need to get all worked up about it, just a C&C. You never really know how serious people are on these forums. People come and go all the time.

But,
1) What camera are you considering getting?
2) What software are you going to use for PP? (Use them)

Post more soon, I'd like to see how your work progresses if your that dedicated as you say you are. I'm working on technique as well, and doing work on car photography as well

I am going to get the D300.
Still talking to my uncle about lenses before I decide on them.
I just bought a IMAC 24 inch computer and plan on getting new programs for it soon.

I have been using Adobe photoshop but I sold my pc's... all 3 of them!

So I am also looking into new programs and I want to get Aperture 2

Any suggestions and Yes I will post more as I learn more.

Most reactions

Back