Card not reading

eddiesimages

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.eddiesimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just purchased a Lexar Professional Compact Flash 1GB 133x card for my camera. I have been using several Lexar 512MB 40x cards. The 512 cards read great, but I can't get my new card to download my photos. What am I doing wrong? Do I need a new card reader? Thanks.

Where did you purchase the 1GB card?
Did you perform a full format on the card prior to use?
What is the brand and model of your card reader?

Card reader says Lexar media jump start. Yes, I formated the card in my camera before using it.

What exactly is it not doing at the computer end? Does it mount when you put it in the reader (either under the removable devices section of My Computer on a PC or on the desktop on a Mac) and do other cards work ok normally?

What do you normally do to get your photos onto your computer?

There was a known issue with Lexar cards in certain Canon cameras that caused images to be lost, corrupted etc.
Check the lexar website so see if there are any news updates or further information on your particular card.

I had a Lexar card and it didn't like my 20D. I contacted Lexar and they replaced it free of charge.
However i'd already lost images and lost a bit of confidence in the brand. I use Sandisk now without any trouble.

I had the same problem with a Lexar 2GB card. If there is anything real important on the card you can try card recovery software, it worked for me. I never had any problem with that card again.

Thanks for all the help! I took the advice of Gwagdesigns and downloaded the photos directly from the camera into the computer. They downloaded fine. The computer gave me a message to shut down and restart. I did this and then tried again to download the photos with the card reader, but it still wouldn't do it. I suppose that means I need a different card reader? Oh well, it's no big deal, I can just download directly from the camera. Thanks again for all the replies, this is a great site for photography information.

Thanks for all the help! I took the advice of Gwagdesigns and downloaded the photos directly from the camera into the computer. They downloaded fine. The computer gave me a message to shut down and restart. I did this and then tried again to download the photos with the card reader, but it still wouldn't do it. I suppose that means I need a different card reader? Oh well, it's no big deal, I can just download directly from the camera. Thanks again for all the replies, this is a great site for photography information.

I have a Lexar jump start reader somewhere in a box around here. If it's the one I think it is, it only reads genuine Lexar cards, and nothing else. Doesn't see Sandisk, Toshiba or any other brand.

That brings up two possibilities, right off the top. 1) It's not really a Lexar card, but a knock off imitation? 2) The card reader only reads 1 GB and smaller CF cards?

If you can test it on someone else's reader, you'll find out fast.

New multi card reader, USB II will read everything, will be faster and you won't be stuck with only being able to read a specific brand of card, like that Lexar reader that they designed to force you to use only their cards.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back