Card to Card Memory Card Reader/Writer

davebmck

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is there such a thing as a card reader/writer that will read from one memory card and write to another memory card. I'm thinking it would be a good way to download my pictures every day while on vacation. It would save me from having to lug my computer around me.

There are portable storage devices like the Wolverine and Epson also makes one. The thing is, they are so freaking expensive, that it makes lugging that laptop a pleasure... at least for me.

Google photography storage devices for more info.

There are portable storage devices like the Wolverine and Epson also makes one. The thing is, they are so freaking expensive, that it makes lugging that laptop a pleasure... at least for me.

Google photography storage devices for more info.

They do have some that are pretty cheap that just don't have the color LCD on them. $150 or so for like 40 gig or something like that. Pretty economical.

A link for the man, Chris? All the ones I saw were not all that great and most of them did not even support CF cads.

Looks like there may be some media players out there for $150 or so. I will have to do some investigation on whether they will read my CF cards though.

Here in the UK, Jobo sells a relatively inexpensive storage device (40GB), which accepts CF cards. Maybe you can buy something similar on the other side of the pound.

Thanks guys. I have to leave for a trip now. I will check out this tonight.

A link for the man, Chris? All the ones I saw were not all that great and most of them did not even support CF cads.

I'd love to link you one, but I haven't dug all the way into this yet. I was just browsing the B&H catalog the other day and there was like 3 pages of the stupid things. :lol: I only did enough research to know "yeah, there's one with my name on it when I'm ready to buy".

You know me, man. I didn't even know my SB800 came with a diffuser. :)

Some of these portable storage devices are pretty neat...but for only a little more, you could get a 'pocket laptop'...a full functioning laptop with plenty of storage.

I'm wondering if I can figure out a way to use my ipod. It has a 30gb drive that is mostly empty.

You can, Apple has the adapter... however, it is slow as hell and by the time you upload your camera to it, the iPod battery is fully dead.

Yea, I saw that last night and ruled out that quickly. Now I am looking at the Wolverine 80gb FlashPac and the SmartDisk 80gb Photo/Video Bank. Both are under $130 but they don't have video displays, just an lcd for status.

Most reactions

Back