Care for some tulips?

Senor Hound

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know this photo isn't an award winner, but I wanted to test the waters for how anyone else might change the composition for the better (other than get rid of the rusty propane tank, and box in the background. I SWEAR that box walked in to my shot!

2494448274_90969c0fda_o.jpg

Please be kind with your criticism. I'm trying to learn, but I have a thin skin. If you are one of those people who loathes self-censorship for the weak, then I guess you can burn me if its necessary to get good results.

BTW, I think the lighting is cool, how it glows through the petals. Does anyone else agree (if so, I will try to get that style of light in more shots from now on).

I had a great shot of a fully opened tulip but it got destroyed during processing a couple weeks ago.

Also, For forum posts you would be well served to resize to 800px wide amd link to larger copies eithe off site or in a TPF gallery, it minimises the need to scroll

This one seemed to be having the most fun.

Senor-Hound-1.jpg

On flower shots less is often more. I think this one works better when the sky is cropped.

Regards, Tony

I agree with tb2; I think in this case a tight shot on a 2-3 blooms, with a shallow enough DoF to blur the background would have been ideal. Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

I think a very shallow DOF usually works better when working with a group like that. Also you could bump up the red saturation to make them stand out more.

Next time, get closer and try getting on your belly and shooting.

Nice first shot though :)

The lighting is really nice on this shot - like you said the tulips' petals are lit through.

The composition needs work; as noted the propane tank and other object on left detract, and there is too much sky.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back