Carolina Chickadee

stc9357

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s84.photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a couple of pics of the daily visitors at my house. C&C is appreciated!!

CarolinaChicakdeecropped.jpg

CarolinaChickadee2.jpg

Lol they don't suck a bit! Things move down pretty quick on here, hope you aren't offended.

These both have a nice fuzzy type finish that I like. I also like the border. Of course, I am partial to chickadees, love em! :) Nice work.

Tese are great shots,and the branches definatly dont distract from the birds.you have done a great job making the birds the center of attention,But I have to dissagree with EB on the boarder.I dont like it,I just think it makes the shots a bit tackey.Ihope that not to harsh I mean the shots ar great its just the boarders I dont like

They are pretty nice, Logan. Keep working. Those hyper little birds are quite tough to get just right. It will take a lot of film & patience.

I like the second one.

What kind of flim were you using? May I suggest a nice Fuji 800 to give you some more flexibility with regards to shutter speed...

Although you don't always have the chance, try for angles where you're not looking up at their butts so much. ;)

These are better than any of my attempts at bird photography has ever been! There is no doubt about that! And I don't mind the twigs in the foreground. If a bird sits in a bush, there will be twigs all around it. It is natural!

To chris I was using alien skin snap art so those are the only borders offered and I couldn't get framing studio to work right on the other persons computer. I'm not a big fan of them either but I wanted to put one on for some reason I just like finishing the product.

To Jeremy not using film anymore I just got the 300D so my adventure into bird photography will grow exponentially because I don't have to waste a lot of film.

Thanks to all for posting your comments I really appreciate especially when I had to sit out in the cold for a couple of hours to get shots of these little buggers.

Hey, congratulations on the acquisition of the 300D! That is the original EOS Digital Rebel, right? That one has a bigger, more comfortable grip (to me, at least) than the newer ones, and I believe it still also had the separate status LCD, which is a good thing, IMO. Also, your 75-300 just became a 120-480, which will help a lot in getting up close to the little buggers. You will still probably need to set an ISO of at least 400 in most cases for the shutter speed to be fast enough for the little buggers without blur.

Are you saving the K2 for a backup, or are you going to try to sell it?

Im glad I saw your pictures.I saw some of those birds yesterday while shooting and wondered what they were.I only got a couple of shots at them though because they were really jumpy and never sat still for more than 1/2 a sec.Good Job I like the ones you got.:thumbup:

Thanks for the advice Jeremy I usually use a shutter speed of 1000 or 1250 of a sec to capture them. I was planning on keeping the k2 as a backup its solid and hardly anything can go wrong with a film camera. Why do you want the camera??

Most reactions

New Topics

Back