Carpenter from Pioneer Days

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Black Creek Pioneer Village is a recreation of a town from the 1800s. At the carpenter's shop there, I was fascinated with the look of the carpenter working in a dark room by the light of the window, and took this series of shots. They are pretty much right out of the camera.

img7364pcrvd6tn6.jpg

img7366rqr6origvy6.jpg

img7368rxz7origzb5.jpg

img7369prcs1origcx2.jpg

These have been sitting here uncommented for a whole day and night?
Tsk!

The window light you used is so good! It highlights the carpenter and his table, but nothing else which might be distracting. I like it - I like all four of these! And my favourite is the second - his critical expression on his piece of work shows so nicely in that one!

Thanks Corinna! Besides the nice light, he had such an interesting face, with those bushy eyebrows, and that thick moustache. He makes me think of Mark Twain for some reason.

4's the mony shot imo. . . what a character! he makes me think of mark twain too !

edit: i changed my mind, i like 3 best.

or 2 or 1. . . . dang their all good!

good subject, good expression, good light, good color!

very nice indeed.

Now that's a hairdo and what a moustache to match. Nice shots, the only thing I'd like to see is something that gets in closer to him - there's certainly plenty of expression to work with.

Ya, number 4 is amazing!

:thumbup::thumbup: Right on Jeanney. Look how cool your shots turned out. :thumbup::thumbup: Excellent work. !!!
BTW... I found out the guys name after talking with the Marketing people there. :sexywink: When I hear from him, I will let you know.

look up, thats a sign of when you did really well! chiller, the guy who's not even on here anymore made a point to comment on them! ;)

True, newrmdmike, praise from Chiller is welcome praise indeed! [He was there with Carroll1 and I (I think Megapaws had left already) when the shot was taken. It was a shot I had spotted but was having difficulty capturing until I dragged Carroll1 and Chiller in to help me.]

Chiller, that's very cool that you found out the carpenter's name! And let me know how your discussions with the marketing people go (...I'm sure you will.)

I agree about the fabulous window light. I really like the whole series. He definitely has a Mark Twain-iness about him. I have to admit, when I saw photo #1 my first reaction was to think he was made of wax.

Looking at this natural glorious light... Why do we have flash?? Great saturation, shadows, grey hair... Thanks for sharing.

Great subject, nice story!!

woha these are excellent anty... i'd like to see one in B+W too... the lighting is great :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back