Carrying your equipment on trips

Just looked at you Flickr and you could get away with just taking your D750 and 24-70
Wow, getting critique from you.
Ahhaammm I think I can do without your nugget of feedback.

I only looked at what you shot, have you ever tried just going out with only your 50mm you will find it can be very liberating

I'm going to Jamaica in 4 weeks. I'm bringing the 24-70 and 70-200. I have one small bag they all fit in and that fits in my carryon backpack. I may or may not also bring the SB-700.
how would you NOT bring a flash?

If your on holiday and you need to use flash the photo is not worth taking
Maybe, this is a vacation we are discussing i suppose. There is always the chance of that one shot though, you know the one, you might regret not getting..

As Garry Winnogrand said "There are no shots when i'm loading a film" same as flash if you don't take on you have not missed one plus i dont need one with the Sony A7

I only looked at what you shot, have you ever tried just going out with only your 50mm you will find it can be very liberating
For a quick walk in the park yes I took my old 60mm 2.8G and it was great but for something serious like a trip-no way.

I'm going to Jamaica in 4 weeks. I'm bringing the 24-70 and 70-200. I have one small bag they all fit in and that fits in my carryon backpack. I may or may not also bring the SB-700.

Maybe, this is a vacation we are discussing i suppose. There is always the chance of that one shot though, you know the one, you might regret not getting..
I have a popup flash and I'm not afraid to use it.

using tapatalk.

I have a popup flash and I'm not afraid to use it.

using tapatalk.
When you step up to a pro camera you won't have one but your probably better off with consumer grade

I'd rather stick with consumer grade and get 100% of the IQ at 1/4 the cost.

whatever works for you............................i was out shooting my cheap p&s yesterday.

what's your point? did you have an external flash unit with you? because you never know. you might have missed that one shot.

what's your point? did you have an external flash unit with you? because you never know. you might have missed that one shot.
lol. No. i was out for a walk with a couple of the kids. Just happen to always have a camera with me.

and i stopped at a burger king.
P1010146_01.JPG

So I just came back from a family trip to New York (I knew the traffic there is bad but MY GOD its even worst then I expected it to be!!!).
Our trips usually start at 7am and ends at 10pm so weight of stuff I carry is always a big struggle for me, never the less I took my D750 and all my lenses (Tamron 70-200mm 2.8, Nikon 24-70mm 2.8, Nikon 50mm and Sigma 18-35mm).
I must admit in these cases I do envy those with Sony a6000 or Fuji X-T1
Well to my joy the weight was actually not a problem at all, we were having so much fun I forgot the weight of the gear and was busy at just having fun and shooting to my content.

I wonder what is the gear you take in such occasion ?
so last year we went to europe and I took (at the time) my canon body, three lenses, a flash, tripod, surface pro 2 to edit with (have photoshop/lightroom on it) along with extra batteries all in the one backpack...which I took as carry on for 6 flights while we were there and countless hours of walking. Not doing that again. No leg room on the flights with that bag and after three weeks of walking everywhere with that backpack and my back was a mess.

this year we're planning on going to vietnam in the fall. I'll be taking the olympus em1 and the 12-40 f2.8 lens and maybe a prime lens. The em1 is close enough in image quality and has better weatherproofing than the 6d, and is sooo much lighter in comparison. Best part is that I can take all of this and 3 extra batteries in a tiny bag. Will likely still take the surface pro 2 with me, but it'll still be 1/4 of the size of what I carried through europe.

I haven't been to Burger King in a while. They started selling clothes?
no idea. I don't know what is up with that. I didn't ask. I can say i don't eat fast food very often so wasn't a fan. But it worked for the moment.

edit: It did taste better than the atkins diet meal i bought last night though. No, i am not on the atkins diet. I just saw one of the meals when i was looking through nutri bars/energy bars etc. and bought it. couple bites i was all set. Yuck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back