Carrying?

My camera, bag, lenses, etc all go where I go. Unless I'm going to park my car in a place where I don't trust valuables in the trunk, I take it everywhere. I will not be the one saying "Boy, I wish I had a camera with me now."

I had the same feeling but I've since learned not to use the trunk. I was on a business trip at a remotely located power plant (which is typical). I was going to work at 5:30 a.m. and, just outside the plant, there was a family of deer, the mommy, the daddy and two little ones within fifteen feet of me. I stopped the car and cranked the window down. All four looked up and stared at me. I opened the car door to get to the trunk and they disappeared.

Thanks to a rider on my homeowner's insurance policy, I don't worry about theft.

everywhere i go, packed nicely in a lowepro slingshot 100

d1h or gripped d40 with either 18-70 or 18-55 attached.
sb-600
extra cards, filters, and remote.

Last edited:
Keep it at home unless needed - extreme weather so wouldn't want to leave it in the truck all day... however, do have with me 24/7 a real nice tripod and an 8 mp Sony P&S with 12X zoom that I've used when I run into something I absolutely have to capture.. takes great pics, but just need to be careful with the realllll good stuff...

With me everywhere:
Nikon D90- gripped
Nikon 50mm 1.8
Nikon 28-80 3.3-5.6
Nikon 70-300 4-5.6
Cokin P series filter holder, adapter
Filters
all cables and cords
batteries
cleaning system

All in a $15 vidPro bag. I know, it sounds terrible, and it is. It came free. I will be keeping it all in a Lowepro slingshot 350 AW, then I will also carry my tripod/monopod most likely.

Mark

Every morning on my way out the door for work I grab the thermos, coffee cup, and the camera bag...Lowepro Trekker II AW. It holds everything in my inventory....

Nikon D2Xs
Sigma 10-20mm f/4
Nikon 28-70 f/2.8
Nikon 105mm f/2.8 micro
Nikon 70-200 f/2.8G VR
Nikon 500mm f/4
SB-800

The tripod, monopod, & Kirk window mount stay in the truck unless needed elsewhere.

Most reactions

Back