cars goin by

Jcoffee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
the sky looked cool the other night so i went out and took some pics heres a couple that i liked. no editing done to them.
cars2.jpg

cars.jpg

These seem a bit cliche, to me...if you had managed to get out an hour or so earlier, when sunset was at its peak, they could have been awesome. Granted, you wouldn't've needed the longer exposure for the lights...so the effect would have been gone.

Not bad, though. This is something I've been wanting to *really* try for awhile.

yeah i know its a pretty used tech. but it was my first attempt at it. maybe ill do a reshoot when the sunset is at its peak. thanks for the comments and ideas.

Sorry for the dumb question Jcoffee, but how did you achieve that effect in those pictures? Looks amazing by the way

Riathor said:
Sorry for the dumb question Jcoffee, but how did you achieve that effect in those pictures? Looks amazing by the way

Just an extended exposure. If your camera has a manual shutter speed setting, you can set it for longer and you'll get effects like that.

#1 is well executed and great for a first try :) Next, I would pick a more eye pleasing location.

As far as shooting long shutter at sunset, you should still be able to get the light trails if you use a tiny aperture and possibly a neutral density filter or polarizer.
Nice first attempt, keep it up

I think the way some of the headlights just STOP. No car, obviously its where the car was when the exposure starts or finishes. But its still cool. Nice work tho. Its not easy getting a nice location i had to use a motorway bridge for my test shots, boring!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back