Cars, what do you have, and what would you like to have?

This has been my ride of choice for the last 8 years, but it only has a range of about 15 miles (s'posed to be 24, but I overload it).

on-my-trusty-glide-s.jpg

As far as 4 wheels are concerned, I've used this 2001 Chrysler Town & Country for about 10 years:

e-of-portola1506-05-1080x.jpg

But now I like to get into some fairly rough country for landscape photos, so a few months ago I traded in the minivan for a 2005 Jeep Liberty.

mt-hough1509-034-x1080.jpg

I had a 2001 Toyota Camry that we just got rid of in April. It had 225,000 miles on it. Biggest mistake was not getting another Toyota Camry.

_POR3264-Edit
by Bill Grayson, on Flickr

_POR1671-Edit
by Bill Grayson, on Flickr

Over the years I've had a few fun toys. Currently a 2015 challenger Scat Pack with 392ci 485hp, Mercedes CLK350, Toyota Camry and my Harley Electraglide that I've had for 25years.

Last edited:
I used to be into cars ... Always had something different and cool. But I'm an ol' fart now and cars no longer hold my interests as they did in my youth. Presently, I'm driving Crown Vic. It is a great car for comfort and maintenance. I grabbed one when I was commuting two hours a day (one way) to job sites at Fort Irwin and on atternating days down to San Diego. The Crown Vic is like driving from your living room all settled in a Lazy Boy. On the California freeways, I get a lot of respect from other drivers, getting out of my way, thinking I may be a CHP. On the flip side, the Crown Vic is one of the most un-sexiest car on the road. Fortunately, I have a long term, established mate, so having a cool car for the dating scene isn't required when you're married.

But, I want a convertible for my trips to wine country. I have narrowed it down to a 2005 Thunderbird. In a month or two, I shall execute that plan.

How much is gas no in the US

You mean 2.59. @BananaRepublic Gas in the US is widely different prices all over. I've heard of prices that range from just under a dollar to approaching 4USD. I live in CA too and it's over 3.50 per gal. in my part of the state.

4Runner. Gets me to where I need to go to get my shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Ireland gas, which is priced per litre is around 1.20 Euro. There is a stupid tax rate on it say 8o cent, 100 cent in the a euro. Thats standard 98% octane.

I think there is around 3.7 litre per US gallon so that would be 4.44 euros per gallon and that is $4.95 per gallon. No V8's in Ireland unless you have money to burn literally and theres no such thing as a 3 litre Toyota Prius. My car is a VW Bora, in $ Jetta and thats 1.4 litre.

In Ireland gas, which is priced per litre is around 1.20 Euro. There is a stupid tax rate on it say 8o cent, 100 cent in the a euro. Thats standard 98% octane.

I think there is around 3.7 litre per US gallon so that would be 4.44 euros per gallon and that is $4.95 per gallon. No V8's in Ireland unless you have money to burn literally and theres no such thing as a 3 litre Toyota Prius. My car is a VW Bora, in $ Jetta and thats 1.4 litre.

I remember the Bora - that's a hatchback, no? I always thought it was amusing that a car shared the same name as my boss in Istanbul ;)

Gas is definitely always a lot more expensive on your side of the pond than here. (It's another reason Diesel is much more popular there than it is here.) It's been lower lately. I recently paid $2.39 per gallon (regular/standard octane) in the NY metro area (generally higher gas prices than the national average), and that felt cheap for me. If I cross over into Jersey, I'd probably find it for under $2. At it's highest a couple of years ago, it got to be just over $4 a gallon around here.

California gas, even though we produce oil, is always more expensive than the national average because we have a special Summer blend and a Winter blend for air quality purposes. So boutique gas cost more than regular, over the counter stuff.

I remember the Bora - that's a hatchback, no? I always thought it was amusing that a car shared the same name as my boss in Istanbul ;)

Gas is definitely always a lot more expensive on your side of the pond than here. (It's another reason Diesel is much more popular there than it is here.) It's been lower lately. I recently paid $2.39 per gallon (regular/standard octane) in the NY metro area (generally higher gas prices than the national average), and that felt cheap for me. If I cross over into Jersey, I'd probably find it for under $2. At it's highest a couple of years ago, it got to be just over $4 a gallon around here.

No the Bora was only ever a saloon in Europe but you could get Estate/Station Wagon versions, it was exactly the same as a Golf apart from the shape, engine, interior trim etc.

In England Petrol is cheaper than Diesel for some reason. Germany has been pushing there diesel cars as clean & wrangled EU policies to favour diesel with tax breaks going to owners of diesel cars. Basically after 2008 if you drive a new diesel of any make you get cheaper annual car ownership tax because of lower emissions, which turns out is bogus, but as there are German jobs on the line once bought stay bought.

Not long before the VW emissions scam broke the German chancellor lobbied the Irish prime minister to drop an EU investigation of the whole area of diesel engine emissions regulations that would have smoked out all manufactures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back