Cars?

santino said:
hobbes28 said:
I know in Germany you have to go to a driving school and pass before you can even take the test and the school costs like three grand. Explains why there are so many good drivers over there.

you're right.
the same in Austria, and it's damn expensive. I own my driver license for a year now and it was pretty tuff :drunk:

The scariest part is that they hand an international license to anyone for 10 bucks and they can drive anywhere they want.

On another note:
RadialPrincess said:
Sigh....

I run in a class that is mandated by factory suspension, and limited to a radial tire, not a slick. I am the fastest female in the world on a radial tire, and the fastest pass EVER on a radial is only 7.97, which incidentally, is a fox Mustang with a turbo as well.

Powerglide transmissions are the norm for all of these type race cars, and it was a joke. None of them are the originals that came in your standard car.

As far as non-stroked motors in the 7's, I check the record, and the fastest stock bore/stroke/block combo with a power adder is nowhere NEAR the 7's. 10 years ago, the fastest Mustangs in the world were using Windsor stroked powerplants. In fact, in 1994, Billy Glidden was the first in the 7's with a 7.99 at the Motorsport Nationals with a Crawford 400 inch nitrous injected windsor... not the 302 powerplant.

But what do I know?

I do however have to admit that from the factory... the new Z06 and the new Cobra are a very tight race.

Are you from the south? ;) You could be related to my brother.

RadialPrincess said:

What's the sigh for?

RadialPrincess said:
As far as non-stroked motors in the 7's, I check the record, and the fastest stock bore/stroke/block combo with a power adder is nowhere NEAR the 7's.

Oh really? What record was that? What woul dyou say if I told you I SAW a car run in the 7's with a stock displacement? It was a twin turbo car run by "Turbo" Gene Deputy, that was like 1995. You can probably find it on the internet. Also look for Jason Betwarda.

Also, back in the 90's, there were plenty of Buick GN's that were in the 7's as well. And those motors have 6 bolt mains and could take a lot more abuse than a stock 302 block (not sure if you're using an A4 or not). Ford didn't build the 302 to be a forced induction motor, so GN's could always take more pressure and the mustangz wer ealways left in the dust...

RadialPrincess said:
10 years ago, the fastest Mustangs in the world were using Windsor stroked powerplants.

Absolutely incorrect. Most cars I saw were stock displacement in the 7's and 8's, and few cars were using stroked. Most were power adders with huge single or twin turbo cars.

RadialPrincess said:
I do however have to admit that from the factory... the new Z06 and the new Cobra are a very tight race.

What kind of race? 1/4 mile? The cobra is like 400 more lbs than the zo6. , and the z06 has 405hp and the cobra has 390; No way thos etwo are close with "equal" drivers. I've ridden in 10 second "street" mustangs with supercharges, and I can tell you I'd rather have a z06 any day. My friend had a z06 for about 2 years and I drove it many times. If they came with a removable top, I'd have one of those instead of my C5 ;)

That doesn't even discuss the 20 other ways a corevette is completely incomporable to a cobra (which is a limited production vehicle), like handling (z06 vs cobra on a track? forget it.), style, quality of build (see previous post about that), luxury, gas mileage (mine gets about 33 on the highway), looks (PLEASE don't tell me you think the mustang looks as good as a vette), tire size, features like adjustable suspension and ride control, etc etc etc.

Gene Deputy was running a 347 cid motor, it was NOT stock 302 displacement, nor was Jason Betwarda's Ragusa driven Vert, who was 331cid. Both of these men were personal friends of my ex-husband, and we are very familiar with their combinations. I'll have to check the timeline, but I believe that these rides did not acheive their sub 7 second feats until after 1994... Billy Glidden was the FIRST in 1994 to 7.99.

RadialPrincess said:
Gene Deputy was running a 347 cid motor, it was NOT stock 302 displacement, nor was Jason Betwarda's Ragusa driven Vert, who was 331cid. Both of these men were personal friends of my ex-husband, and we are very familiar with their combinations. I'll have to check the timeline, but I believe that these rides did not acheive their sub 7 second feats until after 1994... Billy Glidden was the FIRST in 1994 to 7.99.

You go girl! ;) Finally, another hotroddin chica AND one that really knows her stuff! :thumbsup:

photogoddess said:
RadialPrincess said:

You go girl! ;) Finally, another hotroddin chica AND one that really knows her stuff! :thumbsup:

must...resist..urge..to...hump...leg!!!

md

RadialPrincess said:
Gene Deputy was running a 347 cid motor, it was NOT stock 302 displacement, nor was Jason Betwarda's Ragusa driven Vert, who was 331cid. Both of these men were personal friends of my ex-husband,

Really? You don't look very old in that photo; not questioning you, just saying you look pretty young to have already been married and divorced. Did you know Jason Betwarda isn't even still alive?

photogoddess said:
RadialPrincess said:

She's absolutely incorrect. I saw with my own eyes "Texas Turbo" Gene Deputy run in the 7's, and it was around 1995 - I LIVE in TeXas and saw the car run. Whatever record she's looking at is obviously not up to date. It's so funny that people keep giving her kudo's and she's not even correct :) Oh well, whatever.

And comparing a corvette to a mustang is a quick road to credibility suicide imho ;)

[quote="MDowdey
must...resist..urge..to...hump...leg!!!md[/quote]

LOL... There used to be girls at the track back when I was into racing who were so obivously racing just to meet guys... and it always worked (that's not at crack at radial princes though)

Machine May said:
It's so funny that people keep giving her kudo's and she's not even correct :) Oh well, whatever.

And comparing a corvette to a mustang is a quick road to credibility suicide imho ;)

LOL... There used to be girls at the track back when I was into racing who were so obivously racing just to meet guys... and it always worked (that's not at crack at radial princes though)

If that wasn't a crack at her, why did you mention it? Maybe you just don't get it. We don't care who's right or wrong. It doesn't matter. She's getting kudos because she's a chick in a male driven sport AND she's obviously kicking A$$. As for the Vette vs Mustang bit... I've spent my entire life on the GM side of the fence. As I've gotten older and seen more, I've found that there are good and bad in all of the car manufacturers. Personally, I'm a Pontiac girl. I don't care if your Vette's faster or has more foot pounds of torque. I only know that when I'm driving my Firebird (500hp 455 with Muncie 4 spd) that I'm lovin it and packing the lunch of most of the drivers on the road. This was a nice thread - quit making it your personal pissing contest.

photogoddess said:
Machine May said:
It's so funny that people keep giving her kudo's and she's not even correct :) Oh well, whatever.

If that wasn't a crack at her, why did you mention it? Maybe you just don't get it. We don't care who's right or wrong. It doesn't matter. She's getting kudos because she's a chick in a male driven sport AND she's obviously kicking A$$. As for the Vette vs Mustang bit... I've spent my entire life on the GM side of the fence. As I've gotten older and seen more, I've found that there are good and bad in all of the car manufacturers. Personally, I'm a Pontiac girl. I don't care if your Vette's faster or has more foot pounds of torque. I only know that when I'm driving my Firebird (500hp 455 with Muncie 4 spd) that I'm lovin it and packing the lunch of most of the drivers on the road. This was a nice thread - quit making it your personal pissing contest.

well said...now...who else drives a spicey automobile??? :lol:

md

MDowdey said:
well said...now...who else drives a spicey automobile??? :lol:

md

I can't vouch for horsepower because it only has around 115 but I does get 40MPG and doesn't have a roof so I'm happy.

Chase said:
I ride a tricycle, does that count? :p

just the thought of you on a tricycle makes me laugh out loud...thanks chief...i needed that!

md

photogoddess said:
This was a nice thread - quit making it your personal pissing contest.

Why, because I"m debating with her on the history of racing cars?? Especially when she says something isn't true I SAW with my own eyes? WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PLACE! Are we expected to just let people say stuff and just :) and say "Oh, you're so wonderful, I love you man!!"

And why should anyone get special treatment because they're female? I wouldn't expect to get special treatement if I competed in something female-dominated.

Reverse discrimination is STILL discrimination. That's all I'm sayin.

santino said:
horsepower = 120
money for gas = 0 :lol:

btw.
how much is a gallon in the US at the moment? (I wanna compare it to Europe ;))

It's hovering around $2/gallon in the midwest.

santino said:
horsepower = 120
money for gas = 0 :lol:

btw.
how much is a gallon in the US at the moment? (I wanna compare it to Europe ;))

No comparison, santino, no comparison. You pay around $4.50 US per gallon. We pay around $1.75.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back