Cars

ooo... mgbgt... such a pretty little thing. A buddy of mine restored a chrome bumper MGB a couple years back... don't recall the year. He did a really nice job. Stripped it completely, powder coated it, rebuilt everything.

He has a 1963 (I think) Spitfire now and a 1959 TR3A he just bought from his mom. Both of those cars are in beautiful shape. The spit has 24k original miles on it... even the inside of the wheel wells are absolutely pristine.

He also has a Ferrari 308 and an Audi S4, but those aren't nearly as fun IMO. :)

I still want my Austin Healy Bug Eye... :)

Us car nuts are all the same, our cars tend to breed, one always leads to another. I have half a Spitfire in the basement, I saved what I could from a totally rotten one.

And talking old classics, I saw a Honda/Acura NSX this evening, I LOVE that car!

Ya, most parts places suck. Your garage collappsed?? That sucks, did you have any cars in it?

When the roof started comming down the car was infact in there, it did not sustain any significant damage but.....

I have some poleroids from then, they are of sections of the car but you can see the snow that was not supposed to be there, I'll try to get them scanned.

Well, here is one of the shots from that period of time.

scan0008_2.jpg

I'll tell you, this car has tought me a lot about the destructive nature of teen agers. I saw pictures from when the previous owners father bought the car back in the late ninties. It was perfect, I also saw just how the ownesr father takes care of his vehicles, it to is perfect. However in less than a year after it was given to him, the previous owner destroyed it. After I aquired it I have had a garadge roof fall on it and my neighbors tree fell on it....did not even scratch it, that sais something about the previous owner :meh:

Ya, I really need those 200mm's I felt like my opportunities would have like quadrupled with a little more tele. I want to try and make some pass to get onto the other side of the track, they have some great spots for press. lots of good ones without too, but not anything like the press spots. Next time I go down, I'll let you know

Why not a 70-300?

Good thread. I like Dimes as well. Nice cars. BMW 2002's always catch my eye when I see them on the road. Lately I see more modified turbo diesel trucks than cars. Full size 4x4 trucks running 12 second 1/4 mile is odd but amazing at the same time.

Here is my toy. I need to plan to take some pics of it. Never really ends up the subject. First is on way home from work and second after hiking in woods for some fall shots. 93 Miata, far from stock.

Not enough light. I'm looking for the 70-200mm 2.8

Keep in mind if you're taking shots in midday you're gonna have wicked tons of light, so some times you can get away with less fast glass.

^^^ is that a Triumph? Looks almost like a 4, but not quite... 250???

Herald 13/60. Nothing like a 4 or 250. :)

Clearer photos below.

7cc0ecc7.jpg

I have washed it since Sunday. ;)

cd314608.jpg

same place in May this year - with my road wheels

Here are some pictures of my car..it's currently in my garage waiting for a swap...These pictures are from when I first purchased my DSLR so they have minimal post processing and not much thought has gone into composition..and yes..I know now that the tires should have been positioned the other way ;)

CanonXTi221copy.jpg

CanonXTi229copy.jpg

Good thread. I like Dimes as well. Nice cars. BMW 2002's always catch my eye when I see them on the road. Lately I see more modified turbo diesel trucks than cars. Full size 4x4 trucks running 12 second 1/4 mile is odd but amazing at the same time.

Here is my toy. I need to plan to take some pics of it. Never really ends up the subject. First is on way home from work and second after hiking in woods for some fall shots. 93 Miata, far from stock.

I know this guy put a camaro V8 into one and he kept the rest stock looking from the outside. It's one sleeper if I've ever seen one!

Here are some pictures of my car..it's currently in my garage waiting for a swap...These pictures are from when I first purchased my DSLR so they have minimal post processing and not much thought has gone into composition..and yes..I know now that the tires should have been positioned the other way ;)

CanonXTi221copy.jpg

CanonXTi229copy.jpg
Those infinitis aren't half bad looking. The back is actually quite nice IMO

V8 swaps are popular. There are even prefab kits now. I went the turbo route. Programable computer with logging. Adjustable coilover springs and shocks and just about everything else.

DavidSR, you doing SR20DET or some form of the VQ35??

Herald 13/60. Nothing like a 4 or 250. :)

Clearer photos below.

7cc0ecc7.jpg

I have washed it since Sunday. ;)

cd314608.jpg

same place in May this year - with my road wheels

Oh, ok... you know, I think I may have talked to you about this before.

My memory sucks. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back