Carshow

Just a comment...I personally am not into cars, but I really love great artistic shots of cars and enjoy seeing them well printed. What I often see when looking at car shots is that the foreground and background often get overlooked, e.g., great shot of the car, but then the asphalt looks terrible. Or there are ppl. ruining the shot, oil marks, parking lot lines, etc. My final suggestions for those of you that love photography and cars is to ask the car owners for a private shoot in exchange for photos of their car. It could make all the difference.

have a good one
3Eo

Realy solid advise. Thanks.

Think i found one thats kind of close to the examples posted
Is this close to what is being recommended?

3747561802_242aa07fa8_b.jpg

Yeah,

Just get the owner to clear all those peep out & you'd be good to go...Check for reflections, e.g., the jeans & shirts.

have a good one
3Eo

That second car is amazing! Too bad it can't be driven legally on the street since the ground FX kit is too low!

Thanks. Actually it's a street legal car. He just can't drive it much without damaging it. lol. He actually drove it into the event.[/QUOTE]

Very cool. Wouldn't be street legal here in New Hampshire! :) They have to be like 6 inches off the ground or something like that to be legal. Very sweet car though.

Yeah,

Just get the owner to clear all those peep out & you'd be good to go...Check for reflections, e.g., the jeans & shirts.

have a good one
3Eo

Thanks man.

That second car is amazing! Too bad it can't be driven legally on the street since the ground FX kit is too low!

Thanks. Actually it's a street legal car. He just can't drive it much without damaging it. lol. He actually drove it into the event.

Very cool. Wouldn't be street legal here in New Hampshire! :) They have to be like 6 inches off the ground or something like that to be legal. Very sweet car though.

Yea it is cool. *(wishing i had a car to trick our like that)

See, here I would've probably gotten right up on "GALAXIE 500" at an odd angle with a flash off to the side to bring out the most in the paint. It wouldn't give you much of the car, but it would get rid of all the people and noise in the background.

Key is practice, summer is here, 'tis the season for car shows so you have plenty of shooting material. Good luck!

~Tom

rice isnt nice

hats off to you though... night shots, handheld and a lot of people dont do so well for me :p

See, here I would've probably gotten right up on "GALAXIE 500" at an odd angle with a flash off to the side to bring out the most in the paint. It wouldn't give you much of the car, but it would get rid of all the people and noise in the background.

Key is practice, summer is here, 'tis the season for car shows so you have plenty of shooting material. Good luck!

~Tom

Yea man. Thanks for the tip. I will try to get to atlease one more carshow before my holidays are over.

rice isnt nice

hats off to you though... night shots, handheld and a lot of people dont do so well for me :p

Thanks, it is difficult but now that i kno that i could focus on one spot on the car i'll try again an see how it works out.

Night shots of car are especially hard to take.... I suggest investing in tripod.... I have a heavy duty and a light duty tripod and I use a light weight one for weight reasons so that I can carry with me easily at car shows. Oh yeah overcast days are the better days to take pictures especially automotive pictures...Sunrise and Sunset best times in general.
But over all nice composition.
This is a picture that I took in D.C

IMG_0796.JPG

Night shots of car are especially hard to take.... I suggest investing in tripod.... I have a heavy duty and a light duty tripod and I use a light weight one for weight reasons so that I can carry with me easily at car shows. Oh yeah overcast days are the better days to take pictures especially automotive pictures...Sunrise and Sunset best times in general.

IMG_0796.JPG

Thanks for the tip and the comment. I am currently lookin to invest in a nice light weight tripod. Hopefuly would be able to purchase one soon. Nice car by the way.

IMG_0796.JPG

Thanks for the tip and the comment. I am currently lookin to invest in a nice light weight tripod. Hopefuly would be able to purchase one soon. Nice car by the way.

Oh yeah and a polarizer to reduce glare from windows and headlight for day shots.

I would say what worked form me is to start with the belt line of the car... (i.e headlights/tailights) and then explore from that vantage point on
Let me know how it works out for you.

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_0796.JPG

Oh yeah and a polarizer to reduce glare from windows and headlight for day shots.

I would say what worked form me is to start with the belt line of the car... (i.e headlights/tailights) and then explore from that vantage point on
Let me know how it works out for you.

IMG_1056.jpg

Thanks, I'll look into buyin some filters. They seem cheap enough.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back