Case Closed.

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by K_Pugh, Jul 26, 2008.

1. K_Pugh

K_Pugh No longer a newbie, moving up!

Well i'm so lost for something to do at the moment so i end up taking shots of anything. Thought i'd try adding a border etc as it's something i've never done before. Is there an easy way in Photoshop CS3 to centre the text layer in the image?

Case Closed

[​IMG]

I'm a sucker for low-key and can't stop using flash and snoots etc, only problem is there's beautiful weather outside and i keep finding myself in a semi darkened room lol it's not healthy. :lol:

[PP: RAW adjustments, saturation, levels, brightness/contrast, smart sharpen, slight reposition of the hat and a black brush to make sure the blacks were indeed black.]

2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Nice, but I would prefer just a little more detail visible.

3. toofpaste

toofpaste TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I suck at photoshop according to other members on here :D but if you want to center text, just highlight the text layer and on the top of the panel there are options to center text every way imaginable

4. photocat

photocat TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    that photo made me nod my head and say "nniiicccee" outloud. very cool image. honestly, didn't see the text at first. don't know if i care for the font used but i like the title. i too would like to see a bit more light on the detail texture of the hat but overall - very cool image.

now get outside and play! ;) cat

(who am i to talk... i was supposed to be outside at 7am.... *yawn* yah, that didn't happen - and here I am on the forums AGAIN.) :lol:

5. toofpaste

toofpaste TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Oh yeah, I forgot, sweet capture... I actually like the amount of light...I woulndt change anything about it, its perfect...except that text....it's awful :lol:

6. mmcduffie1

mmcduffie1 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Little more light there but nice shot

7. photocat

photocat TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    you know what? i take that back. after a relook (and the sun going away from glaring on my screen), i decided i do like the detail just as is. nice job! cat

8. K_Pugh

K_Pugh No longer a newbie, moving up!

Thanks for the comments guys. I did try a little more brightness at first but i just felt it lost its 'mood' a bit, although, i see what you're saying a little more detail would have been nice. (well, the detail is there on the original size, the reduced size jpeg doesn't do it justice)

Yeah, i'll need to have a look through the fonts available or get some more, see if i cant find something better than that lol, shouldn't be difficult.

Oh, and i managed to find a way to centre the text, thanks for the tip though toofpaste, appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008