Casey and Steves Wedding. CC Please

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by zendianah, May 16, 2008.

1. zendianah

zendianah TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    added a new photo at the bottom.. Is my color better? - skin tone?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You have permission to be as open in your critique. This is the only way I can get better with honest feedback. If my pictures suck say so.. Please.
    Thank you in advance for your honesty.

I had so much fun at this wedding. Makes me want to do more. What a nice couple.

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    #1. I like it...but it's off balance. If you are going to crop into somebody one one side, then do the same on the other side. If you are going to leave space, then do the same on the other side.

#2. This one would be great if it was just the groom and best man (guy behind piano). The other groomsmen aren't helping at all. Actually, replace the best man with the bride and it would really be good.

#3. Again, this isn't a good angle for the groomsmen. The color is different in this one from #2...is that on purpose?

#4. Nice idea...but the pretty girl on the left isn't playing the same game as the rest of the girls. Also, there is a fair bit of noise in this image, especially in the suit and dark dresses. This shot doesn't seem to be really sharp either.

#5. Not often you see the bride like this...but her expression is so great that it totally works. Her tongue has a dark spot at the back, which draws my attention, I'd get rid of that.
    Also, look at the color tones in this one compared to the previous one. They are quite a bit different. Maybe try to be more consistent with that.

#6 & #7 are great. The only thing I can see for improvement is that in #7, the ridge of the mountain comes down into his face. A slight change of angle could have made the background less distracting.

#8 is also pretty good except that the DOF is too shallow and her hand/ring are out of focus.

3. zendianah

zendianah TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    WOW !! Thanks Mike for the critique!!! Its all very helpful info for me.

4. zendianah

zendianah TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Actually.. yes # 3 the coloring is on purpose. Sorry.. Mike didn't answer that question.

5. zendianah

zendianah TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Is the color better on this one?

[​IMG]

6. schumionbike

schumionbike TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the color of number 5 better than the one you just have posted. the color of number 4 seem to be a bit too saturated and it does not look natural. I like all the other shots, they pretty unique!!