Casio EX-F1 60fps at 6mp

jlykins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jlykinsphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was just parusing Ken Rockwells site and saw his overview on this camera. I guess it just became availible in the US. Anyway it shoots 60fps at 6mp! Like Ken says on there, it would be perfect for sports or any other fast moving subject. It is limited to the lens that comes on it, as it's not a SLR but still for the $1000 price, this sounds like it has potential. Here is the link to the overview: http://www.kenrockwell.com/casio/ex-f1.htm

I doubt it has much potential.

Yeah, but that is still one badass point and shoot. You could have a lot of fun taking videos at 1200 fps. I guess it shows the advantages of an electronic shutter.

I don't think it would be too good for sports because a point and shoot often times just won't cut it. I mean, parents for example would be satisfied with a P&S, but not for $1000. Besides, who uses 60fps for sports, 5fps is usually enough. I think that the only area that this camera could be used is high speed photography.

And u also have to remeber that the high fps has a small buffer. Also, why would you need this? Who could justify the cost?

My prediction is a huge flop. Pros wont even consider it in the first place; Now I could see soccer moms being enthusiastic at first, but when they realize that they will have to look through thousands of photos before choosing what to print and probably need to use some photo software just to keep things organized...well. Also consider that many people just stick their memory card in a kiosk and print pretty much everything...

I don't think I would buy a Casio either, especially for $1000. I don't know about other people's experiences, but I used to work at a Circuit City selling cameras, and I would say at least twice a month someone would come in with a busted Casio camera...

Yeah, Casio is not really known for doing anything exceptionally well. When I here the name I usually think of a digital watch that I had when I was 8 years old and a 2 octave keyboard that would play "Wake me up before you Go Go." If anyone else remembers that song.

Yeah, Casio is not really known for doing anything exceptionally well. When I here the name I usually think of a digital watch that I had when I was 8 years old and a 2 octave keyboard that would play "Wake me up before you Go Go." If anyone else remembers that song.

Haha yeah, that sounds familiar

Most reactions

New Topics

Back