Castle Hill Lighthouse

Gusterfell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took these this afternoon. To get here, you need to hike a short distance on narrow trails. Not so bad, except that today half the trail was slick with ice, and the rest was sopping with mud. It made for a rather interesting walk, but the beauty of this place in late afternoon was worth it. It's always been one of my favorite spots. :mrgreen:

10003935js.jpg

10003977ah.jpg

10004017is.jpg

10004058sx.jpg

10004076yw.jpg

10004094ca.jpg

10004112uj.jpg

10004143wm.jpg

I really like 1 and 7. Overall, great pictures, like them all.

The first one a superb looking shot :thumbup: .. love the sky in that one

Hey, Gusterfell, welcome to ThePhotoForum!
It was worth going on that "interesting walk" over slick or muddy narrow paths to this place at that time of the day! Very much so! Lovely "studies" on the little lighthouse in the evening light!
The first is so impressive with the texture of the water coming out really, really, quite exceptionally well in the shaft of light - exposure looks just perfect in that one! That is one that could so easily have been overexposed, but it is not. Great!

All these photos are really crisp, showing the textures of the walls of the lighthouse or the rocks so nice, apart from the one featuring your dog, that has a bit of camera shake (I think) since you tried to capture that fast to get your dog into the frame (right?). I really like how the rocks come out in 2 and 7!!!

and I like the first one... simply because I love picures taken straight into the sun...

Gorgeous light in some of these, I like #3 and 6, and #2 as well I think. Lovely little lighthouse :)

cool shots of this lighthouse, i can see why it's a favorite spot. They all make for a nice series, but 1 and 7 really caught my attention as well... :thumbup:

Thanks, everyone! :mrgreen:

LaFoto said:
All these photos are really crisp, showing the textures of the walls of the lighthouse or the rocks so nice, apart from the one featuring your dog, that has a bit of camera shake (I think) since you tried to capture that fast to get your dog into the frame (right?).

That's pretty much it. She was running around like a maniac, so I had to be quick with that shot. Also I cropped quite a bit of dead space out of that one, so that probably made the blur even more apparent.

If the weather cooperates tomorrow, I'm thinking about driving out to Beavertail Lighthouse, which is directly across the bay from Castle Hill. (If you look really closely at pic #1, it's just visible on the horizon between the sun and the tower.) With any luck, I'll have more pictures to show. :D

Just wonderful. I have to say that number three strikes my fancy the most. Great work!

Most reactions

Back