Casual Portrait: Dalvin

jenko

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, so, something I have been working on lately is the casual portrait. Really what I am after is a portrait that is very loose, but not candid. I made a color version and b&w, but I am leaning on the color version.

Original:

Flare Toned Down:

B&W

Last edited:
I like color version more but would tone down that yellow

Thanks! It was definitely a very goldenish sunset. I'll see about toning it down a bit.

Appreciate it! :)

Here's the toned down flare next to the original. I also added in the OP.

I actually like the more flared shot. Overall, nicely handled. Wonderful background control. I always like to see tidy background control.

I hadn't read the others until I finished playing with the image but I agree - too much yellow and he looks a bit undersaturated.
He has a great smile but the shirt and pants both compete for attention.

man222222222.jpg

Okay, so, something I have been working on lately is the casual portrait. Really what I am after is a portrait that is very loose, but not candid. I made a color version and b&w, but I am leaning on the color version.

Original:

Flare Toned Down:

B&W
I agree about the toning down the yellow, but would still prefer the b&w because of the higher contrast. The color versions look a little washed out to me, but I usually prefer higher contrast.

I hate the triangle in the top left corner. clean that up on ANY version.

I knew there would be lens flare when I took the shot. I shot it so that there would be lens flare! But the toned down version is okay too, although I prefer the flaring original.

Guess I'm a flare kind of person too! :icon_sunny::icon_sunny::icon_sunny::icon_sunny:

Thanks for the critique, suggestions, edits, and feedback!!

I wouldn't tone it down at all. I think that first one in the list is perfect other than the triangle mentioned by braineack.

Most reactions

Back