Cat on FIRE!!!!!

JasonLambert

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is our newest addition to the family. Joey, is a Flame Point Siamese and just so full of personality. I wish would have had more time to set and shoot this but the day was ending and a 365 shot had to be made.

4833985692_4d2484b1a7_z.jpg

4833974802_06a1babac6_z.jpg

4833963258_0a323b64c7_z.jpg

Your title made me think of animal rescue. Heh.

Very nice photos. I love white-on-white. It always seems so clean and fresh.

The third photo is my favorite though. I love the symmetry of the cat's eyes, as well as the placement o its paw on the string. The focus is spot on as well; crisp.

The second one has a really nice composition to it as well, but it does seem to be a little out-of focus. It looks like the cat moved during a long shutter speed and caused motion blur, maybe?

The second one has a really nice composition to it as well, but it does seem to be a little out-of focus. It looks like the cat moved during a long shutter speed and caused motion blur, maybe?

Thanks for the comments... The second one has been softened in pp... I was going for an "fluffy soft" look.

Very nice. I agree with Texas' comments, and will add that I'd prefer to see them opened up slightly as in both #2 and 3, the RH edge is cropping bits (ear tip, paw). You have however nailed the exposure which is tough to do. Good job.

all i can say is AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

and nice photos. xD

I'm really glad he's not actually on fire. I was worried for a minute there... :lol:

Half of me expected a cat on fire and the other half a cut on fire through pp.

I'm glad neither were the case :)

I think that is an adorable shot, but if you are going for the soft look sharpen a base layer than add a duplicated layer in overlay with a very minimal gaussian blur. That makes for a sharp photo with a subtle glow to it :)

Totally false advertising. :(

I have a flame point siamese also :)

I would have loved in the second if the cat was in more focus than the ball of yarn
but they are all great! I also LOVE white on white.

cool. i was about to get a flame point Himalayan.

there so fluffy

those eyes are beautiful!
never seen a cat with blue eyes.

great photographs.

...if you are going for the soft look sharpen a base layer than add a duplicated layer in overlay with a very minimal gaussian blur. That makes for a sharp photo with a subtle glow to it :)

I'll give that a try... Thanks!

Beautiful kitten! We have a chocolate point (or maybe seal point, I can't tell) siamese-ragdoll cat. Does the flame point stay white like that? I love the shots :) I also agree about the softness on #2, I thought it was just out of focus. But the soft n fuzzy look on a soft n fuzzy kitty would be really nice if it were more soft on purpose.

As much as I hate cats, I was kinda hoping to see a cat on fire :lmao:

The ball of yarn is too distracting for me in the second two pictures.

The eyes of the first shot are really captivating, I love it, totaly drawn to it. But I'm left wishing there was a black background.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back