TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.vmannimaging.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Cat tails at dusk.

CatTails.jpg

Not really sure what to think of this one. The colors don't really do much for me...if you don't mind me askin what does the original look like?

That is what the original looked liked like for the most part. Bumped up the orange in the sky and the blue in the foreground just a bit but not much done to it in the post processing. Shot it with Kodak ultra color film and pretty much just that. Film just does a wicked job pulling colors from the scenes. I shot some bricks also on the roll and the red in them looks like a digital farce.

There is a bit too much bright orange sky in this photo for my liking. I don't mind the underexposure on the cat tails themselves, since they are backlit, but it becomes too obvious with the huge amount of bright sky. It would look more like cat tails in the moonlight if you cropped off most of the sky. Without it, the mood changes considerably - and then I begin to really, really like this photo (I'm a fan of backlit things, anyway, which helps, of course ;);))

LaFoto said:
It would look more like cat tails in the moonlight if you cropped off most of the sky. Without it, the mood changes considerably
I agree. The orange sky is disturbing and seems to be out of place in this shot.

Most reactions

Back