Josh220

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
20090814-_DSC1482.jpg

20090813-_DSC1469.jpg

20090813-_DSC1477.jpg

Like the last one alot... Just feel that there might be a little too much pp.

Too much PP in the last one? That one and the other night shot were untouched. Only the first one was edited.

I can make the second picture look better if you want me to. However, your status says that you don't want people to edit your photos...

I can make the second picture look better if you want me to. However, your status says that you don't want people to edit your photos...

Go right ahead, I am curious to see what you can do. I just prefer people to ask before they do anything to them. :thumbup:

I think the lighting is cool. That's part of why I took the picture. The warmer foot lights contrasted with the whiter lights of the condos. All of the directional lights casted shadows which gave many different textures; especially on the terrace in the bottom left.

Adjusted the white balance quite a bit. sharpened. adjusted contrast. made trees a little more vibrant and cropped. Let me know what you think.

catalina1.jpg

Adjusted the white balance quite a bit. sharpened. adjusted contrast. made trees a little more vibrant and cropped. Let me know what you think.

catalina1.jpg

I don't think there was anything wrong with the white balance. The lighting in my shot looks the same as it was when I was there. The lighting in your edit makes the walls blue.

The trees appear over-saturated and there appears to be a dark halo around the complex. Did you use a brush for editing? If so, then I can see the trail it left.

Thanks!

The walls are white but the lighting is a blend of white and yellow-ish light giving off a very warm glow. Your edit made them blue though, rather than a warm white as in the original. Perhaps a little cooler temperature would look better on the image, but not so much that it turns white into blue.

Also, I am not sure if it was the change of white balance or the over-saturation, but the room with the blue light became extremely over-saturated afterwards.

That one is better. It looks good except for the condos are still blue. It's very apparent in the doorways and windows, as well as behind the group of palm trees to the right of the chimney.

I still think the warmer light works best. Maybe that is only my opinion since that is how I saw it in person when I was there. It has both cool white and warm white, but the overall glow is warm. To other viewers maybe it would look better with a cooler cast to it since they didn't see it in person.

Either way, thanks for your input.

yea no problem...just changed it the way I would have liked to see it. Thats whats great about this. Everyone sees things in a different way and no one is wrong :)

Most reactions

Back