Cataloging software??

Kerri Rae

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm new to the forum and pretty new to the world of digital photography (Just started off with an xti kit). I've come to realize I need a better way of keeping my thousands of pictures orginized and am looking into cataloging software. What do you use? What do you like and what should I look for? TIA

Welcome to the forum.

I don't have any software specifically for cataloging my photos. I do have a system that I use for sorting my photos (folders based on date). I then have software that I use to browse the photo.

Are you looking for software to attach key words to images, for easy searching?

Check out Google's 'Picasa' software. It's free and it's pretty good for viewing large numbers of photos and finding things quickly.

I too sort my pics via dated folders.

I am looking for a quick and easy way to access my pictures via keyword searching or something of the sort, I've heard some refer to it as "shoebox" software.

Thanks for the link!!

BTW - Is that an OILERS Jersey?? I find it interesting that underneath is a superman logo..almost as if to say, underneath this WEAK, Crippling Jersey, lies something that has a chance of holding importance. ;) Go Flames Go!

Most reactions

Back