catalogue photography

photong

Typo Queen
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I honestly have no idea where to post this. So go ahead and move it if you need to.

I can't find any infomation on exactly what catalogue photography is, how to do it, or anything related.

If someone can find some helpful links to provide me, it would be fantastic.

--Angela

Shots I find and/or stuff I shoot so they can use it in their broshures/catalogues etc?

photong said:
Shots I find and/or stuff I shoot so they can use it in their broshures/catalogues etc?
Generally the company will hire a photographer to take shots of the products, models, etc. I'm not aware of any that get's done on spec (short for "speculation", when a photographers submits images hoping a company can use them). Spec work is much more common in something like photojournalism, when a photographer might sumbit a newsworthy photo, hoping a newpaper can use it. The stock market (not Wall Street, but stock photography), is pretty much completely geared around spec, where photographers submit large numbers of images to companies that market them to people who are looking for more generic photos, like a man using a computer (not Brad Pitt using a Dell).

If it is a big company that needs a lot of pictures they will often have staff photographers. I have been in a couple of garden catalogs from my initiation. I have only gotten gift certificates as payment, or nothing :blushing::er: I just wanted to be published and have copies for my portfolio. It has led to a couple of good contacts.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back