Peeb

Semi-automatic Mediocrity Generator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. From the choir loft
2. Pano from the ground
3. Remarkable window with Native Americans depicted.
icc-loft small.jpg
icc-ground_DxO small.jpg
window small.jpg

I love photographing beautiful architecture. The second one is good, next time gat on the floor and put the camera on the ground. ;)

Great ceiling and an interesting inclusion of Native Americans. I don't know the full history of Oklahoma, but out here in California, there is a lot controversy regarding the early Missions/missionaries and their treatment of the indigenous peoples.

Great ceiling and an interesting inclusion of Native Americans. I don't know the full history of Oklahoma, but out here in California, there is a lot controversy regarding the early Missions/missionaries and their treatment of the indigenous peoples.
We've been free of controversy here for the most part- I don't think this region of the Country has the same history as in California as the missionaries here would have arrived much later, I suspect.

This parish has a very large Osage representation, and they've cherished their faith for generations. The amazing stained glass in this church was paid in (in significant part) in the early 20th Century by the bounteous oil revenues reaped and generously donated by shrewd well-heeled Native Americans (who had wisely negotiated to retain the minerals when negotiating with the US Govt).

Another from the same day:
icc-front_DxO small.jpg

Here is a recent iPhone shot from the same loft, opposite side:
IMG_3427.1small.jpg

Most reactions

Back