Cathedral

KenCo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.takingthepic.com
Wasn't sure if this should go in here......
Sanctuary anyone!

durhamcathedral1jr.jpg

It was quite windy, hence the movement in the clouds.
TFL.
C&C welcome.
Ken.

Beautiful shot..

Gorgeous! and there's just so much to look at in this picture... The cathedral itself is very pretty, but then so is the waterfall in the foreground as well as the brick house in the center. Nice work

very well composed ken..... just wondering about the cloud movement, is this due to long exposure to get the water flow.... or is it HDR?..... very sharp image tho, great work man :thumbup:

Yes, Ken's pics are this very sharp, it is his trademark, as it were, I think, isn't it, Ken?
Another beautiful one, with much to look at, indeed, ... and what makes me wonder most is: was that branch at the point of going down the waterfall or was it stuck there somehow? I expect it to go over the top and down the river any moment now :wink: !!!

another great shot ken, you make it look too easy! How long was your exposure on this shot to catch that cloud movement?

:thumbup:

Archangel said:
just wondering about the cloud movement, is this due to long exposure to get the water flow.... or is it HDR?.....
Got to get up very early to get one over on you Archy mate! Tis indeed another attempt at HDR....I took 3 shots at Iso 1600 firstly by mistake and these being of a faster shutter line up much better and aren't that noisy considering. BUT this is from Iso 100 and as you can see, enabled movement in the clouds from a slower shutter speed.
JTHPhoto said:
How long was your exposure on this shot to catch that cloud movement?
It was taken during a very bright afternoon, so I used a couple of filters to help slow the shutter for the effect on the water. Shutter speeds were 1.5sec, 1/3sec and 6sec for the 3 shots which I combined in HDR.
LaFoto said:
and what makes me wonder most is: was that branch at the point of going down the waterfall or was it stuck there somehow?
It was stuck there hanging over the edge. It's actually quite a sized branch, much bigger than it looks in this pic.
Thanks again for all the comments.
Ken.

I knew this was gonna be a great shot, as soon as I saw KenCo. Awesome as always.:hail: :thumbup: :thumbup: :hail:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back