Catwalk Lens?

E.D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding a lens I want to buy for an upcoming series of projects that I will be involved with.
I am attending London Fashion Week as a guest student photographer in the pit, but I’m having a hard time choosing the right lens for me.
So, the lens is going to be used to catch models on the runway, I read a few blogs and something in the region of 70-300 was a good place to be looking.

I work on Canon, so I’ve been looking at two lenses so far:
- Tamron 70-300mm f4-5.6 SP Di VC USD Lens - Canon Fit
- Canon EF 70-300mm f4-5.6 IS USM Lens

Both of these I can get from Wex under £400, and this is really the most I want to pay for a lens at the moment. I am a student, and buying really expensive kit is just out of the question.
So my main question is, whether anyone would recommend either of these lenses, or something different that would work also. I have a short amount of time to decide so your comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Elizabeth

Those lenses will not be fast enough if that is your budget I would look at the 85F1.8 because the zoom I would recommend would be the 70-200F2.8, it would probably be better to rent., but with it being London Fashion week Canon pro services will be there because you will be in the pit you could get free use of their lenses maybe worth calling Canon

Most reactions

Back