Cause and Effect

I prefer the first picture. What if you were to add some colour to the fish?? they would stand out more :S Just a thought :S

Its a great shot, incredible tones.. I think those fish die every year don't they? not sure, I am far from a biologist. I do know Lake Erie has come a long way in it's water quality since the 60's, when the pollution all but killed the lake., I take my boat out in central lake Erie every summer, many times, and swim there with little concern... until now!!

Thanks everyone. JayP, I'd prefer not to manipulate these that much. I think they tell the story as is, without getting too crazy. Besides, these fish are not very colorful anyway, as you can see in #2.

Ray, I don't know for sure what specifically is killing these. I know a large portion of fish will die from the cold temperatures, but this is thousands of fish, and they are laying on the land near the lake. It seems like either a huge wave washed a ton of them up there, or seagulls had been picking them up and dropping them. I'm trying to find out what the cause is.

this one is really good! great composition and I just love the contrast!

i think i prefer the first one, but the new one you posted is very effective as well... the number of dead fish is a little more dramatic, but it definitely gets my upchuck reflex going... and i'm not even there to smell it! :puke:

love the title too. :thumbup:

Digital Matt said:
Thanks everyone. JayP, I'd prefer not to manipulate these that much. I think they tell the story as is, without getting too crazy. Besides, these fish are not very colorful anyway, as you can see in #2.

Ray, I don't know for sure what specifically is killing these. I know a large portion of fish will die from the cold temperatures, but this is thousands of fish, and they are laying on the land near the lake. It seems like either a huge wave washed a ton of them up there, or seagulls had been picking them up and dropping them. I'm trying to find out what the cause is.

I think they are called Chads, and they are a feed for the larger salmon and such. I think they have a 1 year life cycle., i see them washed up on our shores often, in the fall and winter.

We have a large electricity power plant in Nanticoke on L Erie, in the cold winters, die hard fishing dudes drag their alumimum boats across the ice, put them into the outflow from the plant (80 degree water) and catch all kinds of fish, and eat them.

the first one is so powerful! beautiful image matt :thumbsup:

Thanks JTH :)

Ah Ray, thanks for clearing that up. That makes sense, but it's still pretty gross and makes you wonder.

THank you Mansi :)

I like how you have treated the tones in both the images! :)

Most reactions

Back