Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Lynnzora, Feb 15, 2009.
YOUR CC WOULD BE APPRECIATED
they just all seem kind of snap shotty to me (including your last post)... i see that your trying to get creative with them, keep it up!! kids make the best practice models in the world!!
What do you suggest doing to make them less "snap shotty" and more of a work of art ? What is the difference between a snap shot and what we're going for?
1. Aren't all babies adorable when they are asleep? This one is certainly no exception. However, the photograph has obstructions, such as the zipper, and it shows small imperfections like the scratch he gave himself.
2. I think the focus was meant for the cute little feet and shoes. Instead the focus seems to be entirely on the left leg cuff and shoe.
3. That green leaf off to the right ruins the attention on the stick. I suggest that you crop it out of the photograph.
4. I really don't have an opinion on this. This may have been more of a "what the heck is this doing here?" kind of photograph.
5. I imagine that the intent was to capture the in congruent relationship of man-made waste and nature. Unfortunately, it just looks like a picture of trash.
well, i think this is something where everyone will give you different answers... for me, its composition that makes the big difference.. all of your images are centred.. read about the rule of thirds this makes a big difference in photos...
Yeah #4 and 5 was kinda like "what is this doing here"... That you'll find graffiti on a nature trail... but I get what you're saying. Thanks.
Ok Chris, I read about the Rule of Thirds. It's funny because I've always made a conscious effort to center my photos. A lot look ok but using the rule of thirds is defintiely a big improvement. What about this photo?
...or this one... it's a little off center. Eventhough that was by accident.
Anyway, I'm going to practice shooting w/ the rule of thirds technique... and repost for cc. Thanks.
oh yeah, about the little blemishes and scratches... I usually post on here before I even think of photoshop... But besides the Rule of Thirds thingy I would love to hear other opinions on what can be improved. Thanks everyone. Anyway, I'm at the job.... Talk to you all soon.
I think #3 is pretty cool.
I guess that's just a little twig poking through the grass ? Real nice closeup. It looks like a home rolled cigarette. Kind of like some little grasstroll is in behind those grass blades with a stick-stogie sticking out of it's mouth. hahaha.
I do like it though, rule of thirds or not.
I also think you should make a point to keep that on-board flash shut down. It creates those harsh glares and reflections, makes shadows drop off drastically, etc. On board flash should be used in emergencies only... and in shots you just don't care about. (like if you were just shooting a crime scene where you needed the detail, but don't care about the artistic elements of it)
'course now, there will be a crime scene photographer shooting me down for saying that. (you get the point, though, I hope)
lol Chris, you know its going to happen... theres always someone who complains about it... but i do fully agree with what your saying... btw, where have you been..havent seen you around
I know, I winced when I wrote it, but I liked the analogy so I went with it.
As far as where I've been... work has gotten crazy busy and someone very stupidly bought me an Xbox at home, so I've been busy playing games and watching shows on that instead of the PC. All of this keeps me away from a browser.
Separate names with a comma.