cc on an engagement session please...

momofthing1and2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a friend of mine and I did some pictures for her and her hubby to be.

<1>
2008126jenandryan045.jpg

Exposure Time1/60 secF-NumberF 11ISO Speed Ratings640Focal Length200.0 mm

<2>
2008126jenandryan060.jpg

hind sight, I wish I hadnt cut out his face.
Exposure Time1/125 secF-NumberF 4.8ISO Speed Ratings200Focal Length120.0 mm

<3>
2008126jenandryan049.jpg

Exposure Time1/60 secF-NumberF 11ISO Speed Ratings720Focal Length175.0 mm

not bad... on the one of the ring, it would be great if you could make the ring stand out more.. there are some highlights on her hand, so you would probably have to work with a couple of layers so you can bring the exposure DOWN on the highlighted area, but UP on the ring area

as for the other 2.. i think there may be a little DOF issue.. it seems as though the focus is in the forground.. on their arms in this instance, which is causing the faces to be a little OOF

#1 would have been fantastic, if they would have been in focus.

not bad... on the one of the ring, it would be great if you could make the ring stand out more.. there are some highlights on her hand, so you would probably have to work with a couple of layers so you can bring the exposure DOWN on the highlighted area, but UP on the ring area

as for the other 2.. i think there may be a little DOF issue.. it seems as though the focus is in the forground.. on their arms in this instance, which is causing the faces to be a little OOF

I agree, I think #1 and #3 the focus is on the wrong area, it seems like the arms or torso. Besides that, pretty good shots.

Thanks you guys! I have a lot of work on but I am having so much fun with it I dont mind working on it!

The first one looks pretty good, nice happy expressions.

It looks like the DOF was not deep enough to have both of them in focus but the background is really throwing me off. It looks like the middle of the background is a lot blurrier than either side. Did you add the blur?
I think it could be cropped tighter as well.
He looks a little awkward because he's leaning over so much, I think I'd like it better if he was standing straight.

The first one looks pretty good, nice happy expressions.

It looks like the DOF was not deep enough to have both of them in focus but the background is really throwing me off. It looks like the middle of the background is a lot blurrier than either side. Did you add the blur?
I think it could be cropped tighter as well.
He looks a little awkward because he's leaning over so much, I think I'd like it better if he was standing straight.

Thanks bigmike,
I didnt add any blur to it. Cropping it tighter is a great idea though. I am going to try that. He's SOO much taller than she is. She was wearing heels and he still had a good foot or so over her. LOL!

I didnt add any blur to it. Cropping it tighter is a great idea though. I am going to try that. He's SOO much taller than she is. She was wearing heels and he still had a good foot or so over her. LOL!
That can be tough, but if you had something for her to stand on, the photo would look good and nobody would know (except maybe those who know them, but they wouldn't care because it looks so good) :)

I agree with the pictures being OOF. Also, they are way too centered in the pictures for my taste. Great job overall!

These are the best pics I've seen you post so far. Good job! It's definitely tough getting that focus just right. I've had that issue myself! Sometimes it's hard to tell that it's not in focus til it's on my 20" iMac screen. I'm not sure what other poses you might have tried, but if he's so much taller than her, you might try having him pick her up in the "over the threshold" type pose. Also, it might be cute to get a full length of them, maybe a profile shot of them kissing, with her standing on something... instead of hiding that she's standing on something, make it part of the pic. Just some ideas. Keep it up!

These are the best pics I've seen you post so far. Good job! It's definitely tough getting that focus just right. I've had that issue myself! Sometimes it's hard to tell that it's not in focus til it's on my 20" iMac screen. I'm not sure what other poses you might have tried, but if he's so much taller than her, you might try having him pick her up in the "over the threshold" type pose. Also, it might be cute to get a full length of them, maybe a profile shot of them kissing, with her standing on something... instead of hiding that she's standing on something, make it part of the pic. Just some ideas. Keep it up!

GREAT IDEA! Thank you Jenn!

Most reactions

Back