CC on Website Please

One of the ugliest logos I've seen recently, sorry. You logo/font gives me the impression that your are either an infant/child photographer or your an amateur....or both.

I feel like a broken record (or a CD that skips), but if you want people to find you via the web, you REALLY need to read (and implement) the 'SEO for the Photographer' link in my sig. ;)

One of the ugliest logos I've seen recently, sorry. You logo/font gives me the impression that your are either an infant/child photographer or your an amateur....or both.
Oh man, that's harsh. --- David, don't worry nearly as much about the logo or font for now. You can change that later... IF YOU WANT. I've worked on a lot of websites over the years and have seen far worse. In fact, I don't really think your logo is all that bad. It's rugged looking, which I think is the idea, right?

I feel like a broken record (or a CD that skips), but if you want people to find you via the web, you REALLY need to read (and implement) the 'SEO for the Photographer' link in my sig. ;)
I hope David does follow this advice. Your SEO article is short and covers some of the most important points. It's not comprehensive, but any photographer that follows your advice on that page will be leaps and bounds ahead of many websites.

David, the flash slide show is not helping your efforts, except for those small numbers of people who happen to stumble upon your site. Slide shows aren't bad, they're just bad to put as the only content on a home page. In fact, I don't think you should have a slide show on the home page - teaser pictures that are much smaller than the slideshow pics and serve to illustrate some content you put there to convince visitors to stay and view other pages, including your portfolio.

I sent you a PM about another issue I hope you find helpful.

Jim

Most reactions

Back